Vox amenities!

Midaychi

Vox are not equally represented in the NT workforce. Those that decide that raiding and thieving from outside are not the answer, and do so from the inside instead, find the workplace a toxic and barely suitable disaster zone!

Some possible fixes could be:

1. A nitrogen canister or two stuck in various maintenance! Can't breathe stupid air, and life support technicians not always nice! Also ability to hold breath but take oxyloss while doing it, so Voxes don't choke on the stupid air while refilling cans. Or, maybe grab intent + canister = pulse refill? I dunno, cyborgs can do it with jetpacks. Why not voxes and nitrogen?

2. More magclaws in eva in-case a clown somehow manages to wrest them from you!

3. Some REAL TREES somewhere. To climb! Botany trays and potted plants don't count.

4. Nitrogen based versions of dexalin and inaprovaline, so doctors can actually treat downed Vox! Many times they put dexalin and inaprovaline in Vox, and wonder why they die faster!

5. Emergency oxygen filtration masks! Runs off batteries and can be replaced/[upgraded, allows Vox to breathe station atmosphere without worrying about ambient oxygen or lugging big cans! Doesn't filter n2o or co2 or dust though! Maybe science makes better ones? Side benefit of putting on assistants and laughing as they suffocate!

6. Jury rigged straps that go in exosuit slot and allow you to carry large canisters in suit storage without the penalties or benefits of pressure suits. Spess-Skrek!

7. Either make space metal tiles on the turfs not 0 kelvin freeze-vox to death or make being in space warm you up a little due to sunlight! Voxes freezing to death in space wiring stupid solars many times!

8. Closets that you can leap out of! Maybe all a Vox wants to do sometimes is turn the lights off and hide in a closet? Annoying assistants should be lept on in surprise before the locker is opened!

9. Vox brand soft drinks and food in dispensers, for that taste of the Shoal.

10. Non lethal adaptations of the pneumatic cannons and other traditional Vox weapons, because Inviolate!

Now now, everyone. Vox are to be respected just as much as any Human or Tajaran aboard this station. Sure, it can be said that the Shoal have assaulted the station and stolen from us many times, but that does not mean every Vox is to be treated unfairly. A Vox working in medical saved my life once.

In regards to the suggestions, a lot of them seem quite reasonable. I doubt NT would drastically change it's ways aboard stations just to allow a species to feel more at home, but the ones involving the lives of the Vox would make sense to fix up.

1 No, you cannot leave Nitrogen just laying around for the crafty antagonist

2 Yes

3 Maybe

4 No , everyone gets the same treatment , its up to them to learn to make Tricordazine in large amounts

5 Maybe

6 Okay

7 No

8 No, you can already leap as annoying as it gets

9 Okay

10 Nope, everyone gets the same share of race related stuff, this is way too much.

Uh, unless I'm missing something N2 just cools the air, you might mean No2.

Air is 80% nitrogen 20% oxygen

Break that balance and the air becomes unbreathable (or so it is supposed to work)

Well at least make some changes to cloning. You have to make an environment oxygen free for a vox not to die in the cloning tube.

You either gotta set up an extra cloning room full of nitrogen with an airlock, somehow, or abort the clone early with an apc cycle and shove them into a cryo chamber with clonex before they die of toxins, then stuff them full of antitox while shoving internals on.

Well at least make some changes to cloning. You have to make an environment oxygen free for a vox not to die in the cloning tube.

You either gotta set up an extra cloning room full of nitrogen with an airlock, somehow, or abort the clone early with an apc cycle and shove them into a cryo chamber with clonex before they die of toxins, then stuff them full of antitox while shoving internals on.

I think it's unrealistic that NT would go to those extra lengths for anyone, as a horribly cheap company as they already are.

As someone who really likes to play Vox, I don't think they should get any extra treatment during gameplay (Other than letting us name our own characters, dangit). In my opinion, from a story perspective, Vox have little relation with human society that isn't animosity and even less formal ties. So I've received the impression that for every non-antag Vox, they are the odd ones out and decided to travel away to seek a journey along with that of the dustbreathers. So why would NanoTrasen make special nitrogen environment additions for a vast minority that they don't care about? It's already established there aren't really any civil rights among even the human populace let alone the other oxygen breathing aliens so equality is not a good argument here.

Playing Vox, I think the challenge is having to adapt to a truly alien environment, and that's what makes it exciting for me. Your lifeline is a mask and unless you play Atmos or Science, you need to rely on the kindness of others or just plain break in if you want to live for more than a 45 minute round. Not to mention all the RP prejudice which has nearly gotten me killed a couple times as well as made some great roleplay. If you want a special nitrogen environment with vox friendly cloning, then build it yourself during the round. Just like how us Vox players tend to convert unused portions of the stations into nitrogen based environments. You gotta adapt and get the tools, or just try to make do as best you can in a place that isn't built for you.

Edited by Guest

Cloning a Vox can theoretically be achieved via setting the cloning room atmospherics to vox mode. There is a vox mode, and those pesky geneticists don't need oxygen anyways! Serious Part: We need 4 Vox Hardsuit's inside EVA and at least two on the mining base.

Cloning a Vox can theoretically be achieved via setting the cloning room atmospherics to vox mode. There is a vox mode, and those pesky geneticists don't need oxygen anyways! Serious Part: We need 4 Vox Hardsuit's inside EVA and at least two on the mining base.

Vox can do space mining and stuff without hardsuits as long as they stay off of exposed tiles and keep a robust coffee or two handy as well as a kelotane pill for emergencies.

As for cloning? I guess? You're likely gonna get robusted for scrubbing the oxygen out of the genetics room though.

It's far easier to beg the AI or a Cyborg or an engineer to unlock the apc cover. Then you can have a bottle of antitoxin and a syringe ready.. start cloning a vox, quickly take the power cell out and shove it back in, inject the clone with 10-15 units of antitoxin, and stuff them into a cryotube full of clonexadone.

Then when they're 100%, pop them out and quickly start shaking them awake while you or someone else stuff pure nitrogen internals on them.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use