Malf AI tweaks

andrewmeythaler

Playing as a malf AI is nearly impossible. I have seen the AI win only twice in the six months I have played. Giving the borgs under their control the ability to use fire arms would make the malf AI winnable. Because currently you are just waiting until you are spotted, which is often not long as there are only so many remote APCs to hack. Then you send your borgs, equiped with only non-lethal weapons going up against a station of pissed off, angry, and well armed humans.

OOC name (ckey): Wisewill

IC name : Sparkles (AI)

-Malf round with Sparkles as AI.

-Around 40-50 people, if i recall correctly.

-Not a single borg for the AI to command.

-Sparkles engaged code delta after like 10-15 minutes into the round.

-The crew had around 600 second (10 minutes) to kill the AI after code delta was engaged.

The crew didnt even make it into the upload, the core was intact, and i think Sparkles didn't even need to use the turrets.

No survivors.

The point of this? Malf AIs have the possibility to win in nearly any scenario, even without borgs.

All malfunctioning AIs have special powers, like machine overload or destroying all RCDs. Those powers are often the key to victory if used correctly.

All malfunctioning AIs have special powers, like machine overload or destroying all RCDs. Those powers are often the key to victory if used correctly.

The AI also has access to other things as part of its integration with the station. Atmospherics is not always 'fixed' to stop AI involvement, you can flood the station with sleeping gas, plasma or any other mix with ease. Even if it is fixed, you can still alter the air percentages normally which can be detrimental.

Another system that a malf AI can use is telescience. This can be used to remove crew with impunity either before you code delta or after. Getting the offset is a little irritating but once you have it, anyone breaking in can be dealt with quickly.

Also you have the option of moving your core. This can be done by unbolting and having a borg drag you to a new location. With some pre planning via locking doors or breaking walls down, you can move your core elsewhere. So while the crew fights to the AI core room, you could be in the captains toilet (I have done this).

AI's are plenty strong, it all depends on the plan you go for.

Atmospherics is not always 'fixed' to stop AI involvement, you can flood the station with sleeping gas, plasma or any other mix with ease.

Hey, maybe if atmos techs did their fucking job instead of acting like assistants with more access we wouldn't have that problem!

/bitterrant

Fairly sure you can hack the RD robotics console to give your borgs weapons, like the Security borg getting a damn laser gun and the medical borg getting a damn supply of tasty politrinic acid. In all my years playing as malf AI I never lost once , then again I didn't get to play it too many times ,around 5 times following a simple plan, hack any APC out of sight or in low trafic zones.Then when I declare delta I just seal myself completly with the crew having aroudn 2 minutes to act, I probably take out science/ chem in the meantime, you don't even need borgs to win. Take out their thermite dispenser and all will fall before you.

I don't see how people can fuck up as malf AI

Plasma fire = win

N2O = win

Atmospherics = win

Just blow up chem dispencers and telescience and you are golden

Wow, I actually learned a lot from you guys!

Things I need to do:

-Obviously hack lots of APC's out of sight.

-Use borgs and telescience to move to telecomms

-Let no one into my core, but make them believe I am still there.

-Have borgs steal all AI core chips (this became a problem last time)

-Take out chem

-Make sure atmos is populated by weak idiots

-Wait

-Call Delta

-Shut down telecomms

-Flood station with CO2

-Declare Delta

-Use borgs to take out anyone that could harm me

-Use telescience to relocate humans to space

-In the event of an extreme emergency, learn to shunt

Don't forget to EMP any mechs robotics have made.

And to shock ALL the doors, locdown an area with shutters then disable the APC so they can't be put back up, and turn off the airlocks safeties so they eat people...

And if your borgs don't mind, maybe play a bit of xanatos and use them to assassinate a few high level targets (captain, HoS) then try claiming they were emagged, the mediborg's cyanide pill is particularly robust...

There are so many things a malf AI, or any AI can do to utterly doom the station, it all depends though on the competence of the crew you're up against though.

It's less competence of the crew, and more paranoia (things that are often inversely related)

If they do so much as spot one blue APC, have telecoms not work once, find one door that is bolted or shocked, the comms will flood with accusations of being rogue. Regardless if you actually did anything or not. After that you have two minutes to qualm them before they go ape shit and break into your core.

Andrew, a tactic I have used previously that works well is to move your core.

You can unbolt your core and this allows it to be dragged. Your integrity (health) will drop if you are dragged over tiles that do not receive power, however that is not normally an issue whilst on station. If you are malf, make sure one of your borgs selects an engineering module. This is invaluable in moving around the station.

There are several options as to what you can do or where to go. You can have your borg remove the wall between the cyborg recharging station and the teleportation room just below the captains quarters. This will allow you to have your borg push you into the teleporter set to the telecomms satalite, a location that almost noone goes to let alone checks for an AI. I find this is a little unfair so I stay on the station but each to their own.

You can also do the above but have the borg install you inside the captains toilet. It's an odd place, most crew cannot access it and those that can will rarely ever go in there. It has no camera so you cannot be spotted by a vigilant observer either. Used this in my last malf round so people will be aware of it.

You can also make a break for the maintenance tunnels and hide yourself in the fire lockers by medbay or adjecent to EVA. There is also the incinerator room, disposals, pod airlocks, research server room, toxins testing area...

Once you have chosen your hiding place, avoid hacking any apc near you. If it feeds the room you are in and someone takes the apc out. The power will drop and you will slowly die.

Bonus is that you are not in your core where they expect you to be. They will fight to get in there and then have to start a manhunt to find where you went. Buying you alot of time.

Con is that you pretty much loose access to the comm system so you have no idea what command or security are discussing or know.

Yeah we might fix that...

AI's getting their core dragged and hidden on the station is becoming a trend and a pain, since its not how the gamemode was originally designed.

Should just add "AI tracker" to the Pinpointer so you can actually tack the AI core with it, would stop the "LOLOLO AI HIDE&SEEK"

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use