PPI Complaint

asd231

Admin Key:PPI.

Complaint:I joined a round on 5/31/2014(IST) When I joined as a Assistant I have 2 Seconds left for shuttle launch.I couldnt get on a shuttle.After sometime,I was banned for Shuttle grief even though I didnt even get on the shuttle and was near arrivals. :cry:

this is an admin complaint, not an appeal, perhaps you got the mixed up?

I would advise you to either reformat your appeal or clear up why you are making a complaint

He banned be for shuttle grief too without any research (nor questioning me) into whether i deserved it or not, i've successfully appealed against it now (after serving half of it). I havnt been here long but i have noticed PPI using IC in OOC and stating at the start of each round how many people he had banned in the last one which, i dont think is befitting of admins (feels kinda like a trophy hunt to me when he states the number to everyone)

Anyway i dont want to make a separate complaint, just add to this one since both situations have the same route cause, "ban first ask questions later"

Why do you guys think that if 40+ people are having an impromptu beatdown that the Admins will have time to talk to every member involved. Ponies continually tells that shuttle grief is an AUTO ban. AUTO meaning that it is automatic, no investigation at the moment, probably not a successful appeal. STOP BEATING ON PEOPLE ON THE SHUTTLE. Sorry to the admins to keep popping in on these, but it makes me very angry to see these people spew shit about you guys when they are breaking the rules, or just caught up in something. The Admins make mistakes, and have a lot of crap to wade through. Try making their life easier instead of harder, after all they are doing this as VOLUNTEERS. If you do not like it here, go elsewhere.

If they dont have time to find out then they should exercise "benefit of doubt" not "ban first ask questions later" is all i was getting at mate. If i was in position to judge people i wouldnt judge them based on the information i do not possess

The OP wasnt on the shuttle, and some (literally) flaming guy was cornering myself on the shuttle attempting to light me up (which was in the last 5 seconds or so, so i dont care he tried to do that since it affects nothing), and i had a screw driver in my pocket, so i jabbed him with it and ran round which i think is perfectly reasonable if you ask me (especially since the round had 5 seconds left and all scores had been counted). Had the flaming guy killed me, i'd have had no complaints, the only thing that would come close to a complaint about the player would be him attacking me having no RP reason to, and if he did have RP reason to then i'd be justified in my defence anyway.

With all due respect, you were not involved in the incidents and havnt seen the logs and know only what you've read here, so please brown nose the admins in a different space (pretty sure they dont need you to defend them or console them)

It is not brown nosing admins to respect the people that fucking let you play the game. You stabbed a guy in the eye with a screwdriver instead of just shoving him down. You made your appeal, stop complaining.

sorry, i thought i was in the complaints section... I wont be replying (to you) after this friend, in the interest of not spamming the thread

FYI i respect admins as people, as i respect all people, and its the server owners that i'm grateful for letting me play, admins are (more often than not) not server owners, though i am grateful to most of the admin team too for helping me out

I can't talk about PPI's attitude since I don't pay much attention to ooc. But any form of end-of-round harmful intent is an auto-ban, and it's been said countless times. It's not PPI's fault, the rules are like that. Even in self-defense, let them beat you. Not saying I agree with this rule, but it's really no point complaining about an admin banning over something that is indeed bannable. Just make a suggestion or discussion post to complain about the rule itself and discuss ways to change it or the way it's approached

10. Don't grief on the shuttle:

Do not grief, even while the shuttle is in transit. Antagonists are allowed, however to pursue their objectives if they are on the shuttle/pods.

_The Last 60 seconds_ of the game (post dock, after objectives have been announced) IS NO LONGER a free-for-all. Normal rules apply UNLESS you are in the thunderdome.

Similarly, don't attack people at arrivals. Even if you are an antag, attacking people who enter after you is really pathetic.

Were you in the Thunderdome? no? then you broke the rules. If you break the rules you will earn a ban, specially if we repeat round afer round to not grief on the shuttle, when is docked on the station, while in transfit, and just after it lands.

We don't need to ask many questions if you start beating people on the shuttle, even in self defense. If you are being attacked then just wait for the admin to ban them.

I can't talk about PPI's attitude since I don't pay much attention to ooc. But any form of end-of-round harmful intent is an auto-ban, and it's been said countless times. It's not PPI's fault, the rules are like that. Even in self-defense, let them beat you. Not saying I agree with this rule, but it's really no point complaining about an admin banning over something that is indeed bannable. Just make a suggestion or discussion post to complain about the rule itself and discuss ways to change it or the way it's approached

Fair enough mate, i guess i'll just go make a coffee when i get on the shuttle or watch a youtube video or something and let people kill me. I'm still new to the community, i dont get the logic in exercising bans after the round has ended but it's clearly something that some members of the community feel strongly about so i'll have to adapt to it.

And i didnt have a problem with the ooc thing, i just thought i'd mention it because it isnt following the rules that he's enforcing and i happened to be adding to a complaint about him.

Were you in the Thunderdome? no? then you broke the rules. If you break the rules you will earn a ban, specially if we repeat round afer round to not grief on the shuttle, when is docked on the station, while in transfit, and just after it lands.

We don't need to ask many questions if you start beating people on the shuttle, even in self defense. If you are being attacked then just wait for the admin to ban them.

Dont know what that is, but i assumed antags could attack whenever and wherever, and that you had the right to defend yourself against antags...

Edited by Guest

The point we are making is that many people are griefing on the shuttle. The admins have it set to automatically ban any attacks on the shuttle. I know it sucks, but you have to just take your lumps. After that round the jerks attacking you will be banned.

The point we are making is that many people are griefing on the shuttle. The admins have it set to automatically ban any attacks on the shuttle. I know it sucks, but you have to just take your lumps. After that round the jerks attacking you will be banned.

I guess i understand now, and will try and not retaliate. Just sucks for me because

A: i dont mind if someone "griefs" me, especially in the last 5 seconds when everything is restarting

B: I didnt start it, i moderately responded

C: i have no idea if HE got banned but since his attack was indirect i've assumed no

D: The only person who spoiled anyone's fun was the admin who banned me

How do i tell someone attacking me on shuttle isnt an antag by the way?