Admin complaint - Heroo2012

lizardzsi

Admin Key: Heroo2012

Your Discord name (if applicable): Koboldthing#4691

Complaint: To start it off, I have to say in advance, my goal is not to want to punish the 'offender', but rather to clear things up that I thought were a bit of an issue with an admin's action.

During a vamp round, I played as a janitor (Sullas Shass), just winding down a bit, cleaning messes, nothing too special. Seeing that the gateway was open, I thought that it would be safe to enter, since command decided that it would be accessable for the public (aka it would be the beach). Instead it was one of that abandoned stations. Okay, cool, no problem I was about to head back, but then, I bumped into a vampire (James McAlea), who tried to succ an IPC, apparently. Since he was between me and the gateway, I grabbed the IPC and riding my janicart, I ran the opposite direction and got cornered to where the gateway dropped me off. It is a large square room, with a little garden in the middle, separated with glass windows. He chased me around for a bit, going in circles, but couldn't catch me. I thought either he will run away after he gives it up, or someone would follow us to gateway who would help me. 'Unfortunately' there was an SSD officer there, and the vampire ran to him, and started taking it off his tazer.
At that point I tried to inform him LOOC that he really shouldn't be messing with SSD people, and surprise-surprise he stunn'd me while I was trying to type him and succ'd me. As one would expect I reported it to admins, since it's a big no-no, but apparently Heroo2012 said that he gave him permission to loot him. And that's what my problem is. Sure, the vamp did the right thing to ask an admin to begin with, but under the circumstances I feel it was a bit unfair to grant him permission in this case, as like one of the examples given in the rules: it can be given permission when for example a command member goes SSD, and you need to retrieve items from him, like the nuke disk.

There were few examples in the past, when, for example, my assassination target was SSD and locked away. I asked an admin for what to do, where I just got a shrug, and said that they won't/can't be doing anything about it (for example, change my target, or permission to kill the SSD person by shooting through several windows). So in comparison, allowing him to loot an SSD officer to get a gun to kill off a witness is I feel a bit unfair.

What I propose:

-In the rules please clarify in which cases it is reasonable to get permission.

-In that specific case, if he was informed that he CAN loot an SSD person, in that case, I should have been informed as well. Since when he went to take the tazer, and if I knew that he would be allowed to take it, I would have ran like hell, since he stepped away from the exit to loot the SSD officer. Instead, knowing the rules, I stayed there to inform LOOC him that he shouldn't be doing it, giving him plenty of time to shoot me while I was typing to him.

Thank you for taking your time reading this wall of text.

• Like 1

Greetings.

Looking into the situation, I can confirm that Heroo did, in fact, make a mistake in allowing the other person to take items from an SSD individual; they mistakenly believed they were a Non-Antagonist and, in a round that was already hectic to begin with, made a hasty judgement call that ended up backfiring, based on the assumption that this other person was a Non-Antagonist being threatened by another Non-Antagonist and in dire need of self-defense, which was not exactly the case.

They've since been advised not to make judgement calls of this caliber without making absolutely sure to grab all the information required, and informed that weaponry like tasers fall in a category entirely outside that of, say, an oxygen tank.

If you have any further issues to bring up, please do so.

I can only wonder what the exact wording of the permission to loot an SSD officer was, which led to so hastily giving permission. The vampire's admin-help request was answered quite quickly; faster than I actually realized something was off, that he would need 'time out', to ask admins (nor did he tell me LOOC that he would need something resolved with admins, which would have obviously affected me, so to say). In fact, I was taunted afterwards in LOOC, when I told him that that's pretty much against the rules, and he replied saying that he has permission, and "Nice try". (Can't remember the exact wording of it, so to say, but the snarky phrase stuck, which was rather rude, especially from a respected 'veteran' player; he should have known better about SSD players, and actually, I'm quite disappointed in him) My rather displeased reaction on adminhelp, on the other hand was more or less brushed aside, after he just said that he gave permission. (Again, I cannot quote the exact message; should start making a habit of doing screenshots. But I guess you have it logged anyway).

However, I trust the staff enough to know that it was thoroughly looked into, resolved, and hopefully it contributed to clearing up a few things rule-wise so I don't intend to push the matter any further. Thank you for your time.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use