Creative Antag Plans

Iro

I wasn't really sure where I wanted to put this, but I think it's more fitting in guides since I hope someone who's not sure what they want to do is going to read these and try to pull them off. So basically if you have some neat creative plans for antags that you don't mind sharing, leave them here. It's best if these plans focus less on maximum efficiency and chances of success and more on being a good antag. A good antag is not necessarily (I'd even argue outright rarely) a successful one. I think making the round more fun is a goal more important than your actual antag goals, so if you WANT to lead the round and make it fun or exciting feel free to try and pull off anything you see here, don't get your hopes up though. It's very likely someone is just going to toolbox you the second they see you acting suspicious, ruining everything. (By the way, it's a good idea to summarize your plan so that if someone's interested in the summary, they can read up on whatever you decide to write in detail)

So to start this off, here's something I was originally planning to post in another thread:

SciChem, Traitor, Corporate AI:

In this plan, you create, place, and control several bombs aboard the station. You take advantage of the AI to keep security off your back while you make demands from the safety of your stronghold. If the crew complies, they get to get rid of a bomb, if they don't, they lose a section of the station. It's very risky but makes for a very fun round if you can pull it off correctly (and if no one's a dick about it)

Spoiler

Please note that I don't actually have all that much game knowledge, if this is impossible for some reason please let me know and I'll edit it accordingly.

SciChem traitor, ask the AI what lawset it's on, if it's on corporate make a buuunch of bombs, make ones with spaced out times to go off, for instance (one that'll go off in 10 minutes, one that'll go off in 25, one that'll go off in 35, one that'll go off in 50) and a few that you can trigger remotely. Now set up to take over the station, try and find (or make) good hidden places to plant the bombs, find (or make) a good base of operations for when it's time to put your plan into motion (maybe even somewhere out in the open like the vacant office if you want it to be stylish). You can do so much from here, there's a lot of variety in how you want to set up, I feel like you could do this same thing several rounds, but setting up differently will make it a different round each time:

- Obviously you could gather tools, metal, glass, and a toolbox with tools are very useful. Especially if you plan to subvert the AI later.

-Bugging cameras is a good idea too, you could do a lot if you bug specific cameras. Since you're in control of a lot of the bombs, bugging the areas leading to your base of operations can make it so you can trigger some bombs if you see security heading to you without your permission. You can let the crew know about the bugged cameras to prevent security from trying it in the first place. There's plenty of tricks you can do with this, for instance, you can order all of security to stand somewhere in front of a bugged camera, warn them that if anyone leaves that area, or if anything happens to the camera, you'll trigger a bomb. That'll make it so that they don't just walk in while you're doing something important like receiving something you requested. You can also use bugged cameras to make people drop their weapons in front of said cameras before approaching your base.

-I have no idea if anyone uses it, but if you want to get the syndicate encryption key to team up with the other traitors that's a good idea. More manpower and servants will keep you safe, since you'll be in a position of authority if your plan works, you'll be able to demand whatever it is your fellow traitors want in exchange for their loyalty. You can also ask your newfound allies to help you set things up, you'll be able to get a lot more done that way since you are on a bit of a time limit.

-Set up your base of operations, fortifications, surgery table, anything you feel will benefit you.

-Make-shift weaponry will be great at the start in case some rogue member of security or a maint rambo comes after you while someone's delivering something you demanded, remember you DO NOT actually want to set off any bombs, you just want your demands met.

-There's so much you can do, I just don't know enough about the game and I'm sure someone more informed and creative can list some better ways to set up. My favorite part is that since there's not enough time to do everything, you're limited in what you can actually do. You want there to be enough time left in the shift for each bomb to go off, but there has to be enough time between each detonation for the crew to meet your demands.

-Getting a binary encryption key and spying on the AI and borgs is helpful for a strategy I will detail shortly.

Anyways once you're ready, plant and set the bombs, head to your base, announce what you've done to the crew. It's imperative that you make it clear to the AI that it pretty much HAS to work with you, taunt it with how if it doesn't comply with your demands, you WILL cause a lot of damage to the station. I recommend having set up a trigger bomb somewhere beforehand that won't cause a lot of damage or kill anyone, just blow it up after your announcement for the boom to show everyone you're not bluffing. Tell them about the timed bombs and the triggered bombs. You HAVE to make sure you tell the AI not to allow ANYONE to change it's laws, because that's what everyone who wants to ruin your fun will do immediately, tell it that you will ask it to state laws soon and that if it doesn't respond or if it's laws are changed you will trigger every single bomb and that it will kill several crew members as well. Now here's the thing, you're taking a huge risk with this. If the AI's a huge asshole they can just let someone change it's laws to paladin or whatever, then they'll go "hurr I'm no longer corporate so I don't have to care that I basically broke my laws to get this law change" and ruin everything, that's just a risk you'll have to take. I HOPE that AI players care enough about fun rounds that they're not going to shut you down immediately, if they do plan on stopping you it's best for the round if they don't do it the second you announce your plan. I'm not 100% sure how subverting the AI works, but if you can somehow subvert the AI before announcing your plan you can go ahead without worrying.

SO, now that you've done all this, hopefully the AI is preventing people from changing it's laws. You want the AI to beg command and everyone else to comply to your demands, you do NOT reveal the location of your base until you make your first demand. You also ask the AI to prevent security from finding out about your location or getting to you. Inform them that you are aware of when and where each bomb will explode, and that if they comply with all of your demands until say, 3-4 minutes before the bomb explodes you'll reveal it's location so security can get rid of it (Which is why you don't want bombs placed near you, except for maybe a bomb in your base as a last resort). The game has started, it's time to make your demands. What do you do now?

From here on out, it's best to go with the flow when making demands. Your first demands should be ones that will help you fortify, then make some demands about obtaining some valuable equipment like advanced magboots or whatever you're after. Sprinkle in some fun demands too, assert your dominance. If you don't want to make them up on the spot, here's some ideas:

-A hostage will help keep security from assaulting your stronghold, naturally you'd want to pick someone important. The captain? They'd be the prime target, BUT I actually advise against that. It's definitely the most efficient move, but if you're doing this you do not care about efficiency. If they're at all a good captain they're probably going to give a shit about the station blowing up, it's good to keep them there hoping they'd be a voice of reason, the captain being present will also keep the chain of command hopefully somewhat intact, I think that'll make the round more interesting honestly, you don't want a complete domination. So who do you kidnap? The HoP. At the time your plan starts, the HoP is probably very bored with little to do, they're an important person and high in the chain of command, but their absence doesn't completely disrupt it. The crew is also more likely to risk them than the captain. So how do you do it? Do you ask for a hostage? Nope. You ask for something else, which brings me to my next point.

-The captain's spare ID. This should be one of the first things you request, not only because it might be your target, but because it's going to get you your hostage. You don't ask security to deliver what you want, you ask someone important. You are going to request that the HoP brings you the ID, hopefully you'd have thought about how you were going to verify that whoever was coming in would leave their weapons beforehand (bugged cameras should do the trick). They think they're going to just leave it and go, you should hopefully have a way to disable them. Do that, tie them up with cables or something. If you mindslave them you won't really have to worry about them escaping and you'll have a plan B if you get killed, you can get them to clone you, but if you want to save the telecrystals you should probably consider demanding actual handcuffs soon, hopefully when you first knock them out you'll have stripped them of their ID and weapons so it won't be too hard to keep them captive. Be sure to thank the crew for handing you your hostage, that'll hopefully keep security from being assholes.

-A cyborg, yes a cyborg. I'd argue that it's possible to request this before the hostage, because the AI is more likely to comply than the crew if it let you get this far.If you know that there's a security cyborg present beforehand, request that the AI sends them to you. If you want, you can just PDA the AI itself instead of announcing this demand to the crew. You miiight want to flash it in case it wants to be the hero station doesn't deserve. You can easily get your hands on a flash from robotics, just make some sulfuric acid, say you're dropping it off, pick up a flash on your way out. They will not notice, if they do they won't care. If they call you out on it just ask if you can keep it, if they say no playfully go "aww" and leave it there and hope you can emag the cyborg before it gets you. So, you emag this cyborg, it's now your agent. I recommend informing crew and telling them not to fuck with it, because if they do you'll bomb them. I guess you could not tell them? But then they'll probably find out and fuck with it.

-Weapons, self explanatory. Ask for whatever weapons/armor you're comfortable with. It's best if you ask them to be delivered by your borg or you can get someone who's not normally experienced with them to bring them, hopefully they won't shoot you. I recommend asking the chef, mime, or clown to deliver them if you can't get your borg to do it. If you must get a crew member to do it, asking them to bring them in a closet or a crate would be a good idea.

-AI computer module, you're gonna want an AI upload computer in your base of operations. Depending on the corporate AI for too long will probably lead to the AI getting bored and lawyering it's way to foiling your plot. Subvert it so that it's actually yours, but tell it to still function like an actual AI so the crew doesn't get mad. 

-Surgery tools, you'll see why soon.

So that's it for the fortification demands I can think of, you can obviously do whatever you want but still. What about our actual objectives?

If you're working alone, this plan is gonna seem overwhelming because of goddamn greentext. If you just want to kill the janitor, steal the ID, and escape this is going to seem like way too much trouble, and it is, but you're doing it to provide everyone a fun round. Here's some objective related demands.

-For stealing objectives, you're sadly just gonna have to demand whatever it is you want to steal. If you're working with other traitors then thankfully your very large scale plan will have more use, since you can demand any and all high value items your friends want. If you can think of creative ways of making these demands, go for it!

-Assassination (and debraining?), This is what the surgery tools are for. We're going to have fun with this, and not just force someone out of the round. I really hope you built a surgery table in your base, if not demand some metal and build it. Next up, you're going to demand an empty cyborg body from robotics. If you want to get two birds with one stone, ask your assassination target to deliver it. Knock them out or just shoot them when they show up, put them on your surgery table and extract that brain. Put the brain in your cyborg body and emag it. You not only assassinated your target, but you also have a cyborg body guard. That way, you complete your goal and the person you kill doesn't have to sit the round out. I think this also works for debraining, I'm not sure. If debraining means you have to actually steal and keep their brain I guess the cyborg thing is sadly impossible, in which case you can just keep the brain.

-Exchange, supposing your exchange partner isn't working with you for some reason, you can complete the exchange while making the crew less suspicious of them. Demanding something and requesting your partner be the one to deliver it allows them to discreetly make the exchange and still pretend to be crew. I'm not sure how this objective works, if you for some reason don't know who your partner is, you can just ask for whoever has it to join you. I don't see why they wouldn't, be careful though. I'm sure anyone can bluff and pretend they're your exchange partner, but that makes it more exciting.

-Protect and Maroon, why are these two here together? Because I recommend taking almost the same method for both. You're going to make your protect target your hostage, inform them that you're going to protect them. If you're going to maroon someone though, make them your hostage too, or go for the assassination cyborg plan. It's a lot more fun if you involve your targets, you can keep a good eye on your protection target if they're you're hostage, and they'll be keeping you safe too. Making your maroon target your hostage is also nice because they're going to be a genuine hostage that you do not want to lose. Leaving room for failure is what's going to make this exciting for you.

Now that you've completed your objectives and the objectives of your allies, what do you do? Do you just demand the shuttle to end the round? Maybe, depending on if people are getting bored. Here's ways you can keep the round going while keeping it fun:

-Demand things for fun, get the crew involved. Say you're hungry and that you want a pizza, maybe some wine. That'll get the chef and bartender involved, if the crew is smart enough they'll have them work with chemists to lace your drinks ect. with cyanide. There's no harm in a loss, if you die in a creative way like this don't worry. The greentext isn't as important as having a good round believe it or not. It's best to think of ways to keep those people bored out of their mind actually involved in the exciting parts. Have cargo order stuff for you, have the clown entertain you. Play it up like some evil genius

-Help your antag friends, if they're permabrigged, demand that security releases them and sends them to you. You'll have gained allies, and they won't space themselves due to boredom in perma. Security might be mad though, so if you're spacist you can maybe go "only release the human prisoners" or something so they at least have something in perma. Still, you don't want them to miss out just because they're a race you don't like, they're players after all. Be sure to make it so that they carry out some of your demand deliveries too.

-Don't stop security from trying to stop you unless it's going to ruin the fun. Security sending out bomb squads to find and locate your bombs is fine, it's intended. It's one of the ways they're going to have their fun. If they find all the bombs, congrats to them. You still have hostages, hell if you hid them super well, giving them hints will make them less likely to assault your base. 

So you feel like it's time for the round for end, or maybe the shift's over. What do you do? 

-Escape, demand the shuttle be called and demand that you be let into one of the escape pods under security. Simple and clean. You can die on the way there, but who cares, you still have bombs ticking down.

-Hijack, very fun and makes this whole ordeal worth it. Demand you be let on the shuttle, with all your allies. Tell them if anyone's spotted near the shuttle while you're boarding, they'll die and a bomb will explode. Tell them you're going to tell them the locations of the remaining bombs when you're off station. You're launching early after all with that captain's ID.

-Die a glorious death, the sky's the limit. Personally I'd probably go with a bang, blow myself up along with my base. If I have allies though, I'll help them accomplish their goals, get them on the shuttle, then stay on station to remove the bombs and blow myself up. Your whole shtick is explosives so you might as well go out with a bang. 

Please feel free to leave more plans, I usually chicken out when I get traitor because I don't actually have a plan half the time. Having a thread full of fun ways to accomplish your objectives sounds helpful.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Have to kill someone? Get some stun and mindslave. THEN force them to marry you or the like, and only kill them once the shift is coming to an end. Bonus points if during the wedding the mindslave expires or someone runs in screaming that you are a traitor.

When I did this, I used the chaplain's wololo staff. The mindslave expired right after my pair said yes. Hilarity ensued.

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use