Admin Complaint: Streaky Haddock

Jovaniph

Admin Key: Streaky Haddock

Your Discord name (if applicable): Jovaniph

Complaint:

Twice I've been bwoinked by him over an IC issue. Neither of them were rule breaking. I remember he tried to claim one time in discord that I was breaking one of the rules for helping a perma escape, however I was a swarmer eating metal and the prisoner was in my way (Swarmer are antags too). 

The second time I got really upset and accuse me for being a dick. I told him that you are bwoinking me over and IC issue and he wants to ban me for breaking rule 0. I have not once Insulted him and If he going to get upset over something that my IC did, he should not be an Admin.

I honestly think he is out to get me somehow since this is the third encounter with him. I never had a problem like this before.

Edited by Jovaniph

I won't be handling this complaint for obvious reasons, but here's the full extent of my interaction with Jovan from the virology incident. (Read from bottom to top).

[07:17:56]ADMIN: PM: Jovaniph/(Jovan Taru)->Streaky Haddock/(Engineering Android-859): I went to cryo because i got bored...No roleplay really going on.

[07:17:10]ADMIN: PM: Streaky Haddock/(Engineering Android-859)->Jovaniph/(Jovan Taru): :thumbsup:

[07:16:55]ADMIN: PM: Jovaniph/(Jovan Taru)->Streaky Haddock/(Engineering Android-859): I turn the virus into pills and put them in the public medicine fridge and dump the empty bottles into disposals

[07:16:14]ADMIN: PM: Streaky Haddock/(HIU-603)->Jovaniph/(Jovan Taru): Hmm.

[07:16:09]ADMIN: PM: Jovaniph/(Jovan Taru)->Streaky Haddock/(HIU-603): Very sure

[07:15:45]ADMIN: PM: Streaky Haddock/(HIU-603)->Jovaniph/(Jovan Taru): and you made VERY sure they were empty?

[07:15:40]ADMIN: PM: Jovaniph/(Jovan Taru)->Streaky Haddock/(HIU-603): Right where im standing on

[07:15:33]ADMIN: PM: Jovaniph/(Jovan Taru)->Streaky Haddock/(HIU-603): Run Speed/Anitbody/Weight Even..Public Medicine fridge

[07:15:22]ADMIN: PM: Streaky Haddock/(HIU-603)->Jovaniph/(Jovan Taru): where were they>

[07:15:00]ADMIN: PM: Jovaniph/(Jovan Taru)->Streaky Haddock/(HIU-603): I dump the empy bottles in Disposals

[07:14:47]ADMIN: PM: Jovaniph/(Jovan Taru)->Streaky Haddock/(HIU-603): The Virologist Gave me three bottles and I put the pills in the public fridge"

[07:14:03]ADMIN: PM: Streaky Haddock/(Engineering Android-859)->Jovaniph/(Jovan Taru): Apparently you took Faun Maxeles virus culture bottles, put them into disposals and thenwent to cryo

[07:13:41]ADMIN: PM: Jovaniph/(Jovan Taru)->Streaky Haddock/(Engineering Android-859): What do you mean?

[07:13:32]ADMIN: PM: Streaky Haddock/(Engineering Android-859)->Jovaniph/(Jovan Taru): why did you dump the Virologist's virus culture bottles into disposals?

Situation was resolved amicably on all sides.

5a08866dd3853_JovanSwarmers.thumb.png.42eb3f97fbd8a0c88cc3ba83e3d838a4.png

This is the Discord Incident which was a week ago, where Jovan tripped my 'THAT'S AGAINST THE RULES' reflex, until he revealed he was a swarmer. My response was 'aaaaaaaaah'. Which was an 'aaaaaaaaah'. Of 'oh okay that's fine' though I accept that might not come across. I had completely and totally forgotten about this incident until it was brought up right now. Probably because the next thought on my mind was bullying IntentDiablo.

Greetings. Allow me to take this point for point:

Twice I've been bwoinked by him over an IC issue. Neither of them were rule breaking. I remember he tried to claim one time in discord that I was breaking one of the rules for helping a perma escape, however I was a swarmer eating metal and the prisoner was in my way (Swarmer are antags too). 

Administrators are not omniscient, and more often than not we need to approach people in order to find out about in-game events that may or may not turn out to have been fully ICly resolved. This is just how things work, and how it's always worked; such is the nature of administrative duty. As the logs indicate, the situation was resolved quickly and amicably, without any warnings, notes or any sort of anything beyond a literal :thumbsup:

As for the second one, note that you clarified that you were a swarmer after Streaky made the comment, after which they did issue their "aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah" and moved on. Again, reacting to potential rulebreaking behaviour becomes second nature, and the subject was dropped after the clarification that you were a swarmer.

The second time I got really upset and accuse me for being a dick. I told him that you are bwoinking me over and IC issue and he wants to ban me for breaking rule 0. I have not once Insulted him and If he going to get upset over something that my IC did, he should not be an Admin.

There are certain limits to where you can justify acting ICly without first requesting permission from an Administrator. Breaking into someone's workplace and then wrecking their ability to do their job because they didn't get you what you wanted is, frankly, dickish, both to the characters and to the players behind the screen.

Administrators are fully permitted to handle IC issues. Requesting another Administrator when one decides to press an issue and then threatening to issue an Admin Complaint is not exactly behaviour we'd like to foster here.

I honestly think he is out to get me somehow since this is the third encounter with him. I never had a problem like this before.

I see no wrongdoing on Streaky's part in any of these situations. Barring any extra details brought up, this will be archived after 24 hours.

19 minutes ago, TullyBBurnalot said:

Administrators are fully permitted to handle IC issues. Requesting another Administrator when one decides to press an issue and then threatening to issue an Admin Complaint is not exactly behaviour we'd like to foster here.

You claim that I threaten an admin complaint. I said that I WILL make an admin complaint about this and did so even 'before' I got banned. Secondly, what is the point of having Admin Complaints if this is the kind of response I get back?

I said "I'm going to make a admin complaint about this" or maybe it was "I'm writing an admin complaint as we speak".

Also the response: aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

I thought that was Streaky way of saying "on the contrary"...I didn't think he was acknowledging. That was my mistake. Things like that can be easily misunderstood and interpreted as something else

Edited by Jovaniph

You claim that I threaten an admin complaint. I said that I WILL make an admin complaint about this and did so even 'before' I got banned.

This is a rather pedantic comment (which is rich, coming from me), but not one that really changes anything. In fact, the quote is:

ADMIN: PM: Jovaniph/(Jovan Taru)->Streaky Haddock/(Zsi): Writing an admin complaint as we speak. just letting you know.

This is not the kind of behavior we will tolerate in the middle of a perfectly valid interaction with an Administrator. This is akin to telling a cashier "I'm complaining to your manager right now" as they bag your groceries because they used a bag you didn't like. Sure, you can do so, and it's in your power to do so, but that doesn't make it any less of, as pointed out, a dick move.

As for the rest:

Secondly, what is the point of having Admin Complaints if this is the kind of response I get back?

The purpose of an Admin Complaint is to raise an issue so that we can investigate whether or not the Administrator was at fault and, if so, if disciplinary action is required.

In this case, we have not found any wrongdoing on Streaky's part. Therefore, this is the response you'll be getting.

Even If I didn't notify Streaky Haddock about the admin complaint. Some people can claim that it's still a dick move to write a complaint in the first place. I guess if you see that there is no wrongdoing by Streaky, clearly I'm 100% at fault here. I got nothing else to say, Thanks.

Edited by Jovaniph

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use