Admin Shenanigans last round

Seraphina

Admin Key: I am unsure which admin it was as there was 6 online and I accidentally overwrote my screen shot

Your Discord name (if applicable): Serah Storm

Complaint:

In the previous round of space station that ended at 1:19 am EST, November 3rd, one or more of the admins were going crazy with the admin controls. There was 6 admins online and as previously stated I accidentally overwrote that screenshot, however the round started as a changeling/traitor round and had some admittedly fun shenanigans with a cluwne cult early-mid round. However after the paranormal ERT came and eradicated the cult, one or possibly more of the admins felt like it'd be a great idea to mess with the crew. It started with flipping the map(or our camera I'm not sure which) around which was messing with the controls. It ended with a crazy cult shuttle that was trippy as heck and very disorientating. These effects were really jarring and gave me and several others (according to chat) headaches and motion sickness, although that is not my complaint. My complaint is that when asked to please stop the people in question kept going. Most of the people who asked them to stop were asking very nicely and saying how the effects were bothering them, there was 2 or 3 players who were less kind about it and I disagree with how those players handled it but the admins responded with the following:

unknown.png

To me that is a very disrespectful way to act towards people who are being fairly respectful and polite in asking the admin to stop.  I'll be completely honest after that round I lost all desire to play the game for the rest of the night and going by what was said in chat afterwards I was not the only one.

As a note some of the other effects that were being used by the admins were: Making all the players invisible, Turning everyone's screen black, turning everyone's screen red, making player sprites float all over the place in crazy ways, and removing all the color from everyone's screens. Some players, including antags, cryo'ed because these effects were so jarring to them.

Edit: I have heard word down the grapevine that the admin who was doing this is known as "Tiger"

Edited by Seraphina
Added information
  • Like 1

After discussing this with the Heads of Staff and with Tigercat, we agree that the reaction to the entire affair was less than stellar, especially with how the players in OOC were treated after they voiced their disliking of the various changes enacted during the round.

As such, a stern warning was issued and Tigercat has been instructed not to run events of a similar/equal caliber without first running them by other Administrators currently online. If there is anything else that you would like to see resolved, please say so.

• Like 3

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use