Admin Complaint: Rumiluntti

Balthusdire

Admin Key: Rumiluntti

Your Discord name (if applicable): Balthusdire

Complaint: Ending just a short time ago was a round where as an antag I hacked the AI and immediately upon uploading the hacked laws a borg stated the law which very clearly stated to not be revealed (Do not state, hint at, or in any way reveal the existence of this law...). I was immediately set upon by most of the science department including mechs piloted by the roboticist and killed. I immediately ahelped the issue as the borg revealing I was an antag ruined my round thoroughly. I was informed a little while later by Rumiluntti (after my 3rd ahelp, I was angry and did not know if it had been dealt with, I am sorry for being terse) that the person claimed they had seen a law change notification and were trying to open their laws to read them, but instead stated them. I was told that their reasoning had been accepted and I strongly dispute that and that is the basis of my complaint. I think stronger action is necessary in a situation like this.

Looking at borg laws I can not in any way see how they could have accidentally stated their laws. I can understand accidentally not disabling a law if they are asked to state them, but that is not the case here. The person was not prompted to state their laws, the simply did so. laws1.thumb.PNG.619aecf135a6863f874555cbdef078f2.PNG

When you click on the law manager this is what you are greeted with. If their intention was to read their laws then they have successfully pulled up their law set so they can read it. Pressing the button that is twice labelled as State Laws seems either malicious or exceptionally ignorant and I simply can not see any way it could be otherwise.

The second major point here is that borgs are not a low responsibility role. You are given all access, very strong tools that can be very difficult for crew members to aquire (RCD, hypospray, etc), and you are not mechanically bound to follow your laws. Borgs have a minimum account age of 21 days, the same as most head of staff roles because of the importance of the role and its ability to affect the round. In this case completely ruining mine. If you can accidentally state your laws unprompted, revealing a traitor law that clearly says to not be stated then I would contend that you should take more time learning less consequential roles.

Greetings! Thank you for making the Complaint.

Here is the log of the conversation Rumiluntti had with the borg-player in question, read top-to-bottom:

[04:19:44]ADMIN: PM: Rumiluntti/(Diego Mary)->GravityPeelz/(SINA-816): Why in the world did you state that law?

[04:20:00]ADMIN: PM: GravityPeelz/(SINA-816)->Rumiluntti/(Diego Mary): Fuck I'm sorry I wasn't paying attention

[04:20:22]ADMIN: PM: Rumiluntti/(Diego Mary)->GravityPeelz/(SINA-816): Honk. Well, pay attention next time

[04:20:34]ADMIN: PM: GravityPeelz/(SINA-816)->Rumiluntti/(Diego Mary): I accept punishment!

[04:21:02]ADMIN: PM: Rumiluntti/(Diego Mary)->GravityPeelz/(SINA-816): I do not punish mistakes and I see no malice

[04:21:29]ADMIN: PM: GravityPeelz/(SINA-816)->Rumiluntti/(Diego Mary): Honestly I feel really guilty now... I feel extremely sorry

After this, you were contacted by Rumiluntti.

The player does have some history with Admins, however, nothing to indicate he would maliciously attempt to sabotage other antagonists when being forced to work for them.

If the player had a history of something similar (Logging off after being converted by cult / mind enslaved, or other offenses of this type), Rumiluntti would have had sufficient reason to think that this was not an accident, however, as mentioned, this was not the case.

On top of this, the player, as you can see, had responded with immediate admittance of the incident and was willing to accept any punishment - again indicative that it was an honest blunder, made under unknown circumstances (Perhaps he hovered his mouse over the "State Laws" button, and while reading it accidentally hit it, or anything of the sort).

Due to these two rather major factors - the way he behaved and no prior incidents of similar nature, it was more likely that it was not a malicious act. So, Rumiluntti made a simple judgement call not to punish a seemingly honest mistake with a ban or the like, even if it had ruined someone else's round. Accidents like these do happen.

Of course, you can claim that it was social engineering or manipulation - which is possible. However, it would unlikely to work again, due to the first factor I have mentioned - "No prior history of similar events" would no longer apply if something like this would happen again, and would indeed likely result in actual punishment - a ban or a jobban, or both, depending on circumstances.

Due to these factors, I personally do not find any direct fault in Rumiluntti's administrative decisions during this incident, I do understand that your round was ruined by another player's, possibly intentional, as per your analysis, blunder, however, we are not keen on enacting harsher punishment on simple, honest accidents.

If you do not find this conclusion sufficient, you may ask for a Head of Staff to review this Complaint.

• stunbaton 1
  • honk 2
  • fastparrot 3
  • explodyparrot 2

I still think that it couldnt have been accidental, but I see no reason to continue with this. I wanted to make sure it got full consideration for the future and I feel validated by what you have said. Thank you for your work and thank you Rumiluntti for yours as well.

• fastparrot 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use