Suggestion for change to rule 10

VampyrBytes

Ok my suggestion is that rule 10 gets changed, rule 10 being -

10. Don't grief on the shuttle:

Do not grief, even while the shuttle is in transit. Antagonists are allowed, however to pursue their objectives if they are on the shuttle/pods.

_The Last 60 seconds_ of the game (post dock, after objectives have been announced) IS NO LONGER a free-for-all. Normal rules apply UNLESS you are in the thunderdome.

Similarly, don't attack people at arrivals. Even if you are an antag, attacking people who enter after you is really pathetic.

The part I think needs changing is 'Antagonists are allowed, however to pursue their objectives if they are on the shuttle/pods'.

Don't get me wrong, I've used this part of the rule before, and am not overly keen on it being changed... However I think with the zero tolerance for shuttle grief it needs to be. The admins are cracking down hard on shuttle grief, which I agree with, but with so much happening on the shuttle it's virtually impossible for them to tell what's grief and what's defending their friends and colleagues and people, even sec, are now getting banned for defending people. I can understand this, as if a griefer sees a fight going on they're much more likely to start up, but it seems wrong for people to be getting banned for reacting in an ic way rather than just sitting quietly while their friend is murdered in front of them.

The only way I can see to stamp out shuttle grief once and for all is to say that Antags can no longer pursue their objectives once on the shuttle. If this happens then no-one has any reason to be attacking onboard the shuttle, and the admins know that any attack logs coming in class as grief. Perhaps a slight change in the code, so the objectives come up with the red or green text as soon as the shuttle departs the station, thereby giving no-one any reason to continue after it leaves.

Please note, this is in no way an attack on admins not being able to admin the shuttle properly, I fully understand they have an almost impossible job dealing with everything going on on the shuttle within the 3 minutes before the round ends. This thread is for a discussion on a possible solution, so if you want to discuss specific cases please head to the unban me section, I don't want this locked because of it turning into a bitch about the admins thread.

I feel that last-second assassinations add to the tension of the game. I'm willing to risk an accidental ban for a shot at saving someone from the clutches of an assassin at the very last second.

That's my view, anyway, and yes I have had an admin mistake me for griefing before and banned me, I still think it's worth it for the excitement of the game.

From an in character point of view, I absolutely agree with the suggested rule change. If the shuttle takes off and an antagonist has not completed his objectives, he has lost regardless of what the rules or the game say. Why?

The shuttle is on its way to Central Command. Suppose that traitor somehow manages to kill his target in transit. He's got a shuttle full of witnesses, and if he somehow manages to escape the shuttle when it docks, there's a whole slew of security personnel who are going to be very interested to meet him. It's like killing someone on a bus headed for the police station. Yeah, you technically won, but you've also gotten yourself caught (99%) and your benefactor is probably not going to pay you or even acknowledge your existence.

From an in character point of view, I absolutely agree with the suggested rule change. If the shuttle takes off and an antagonist has not completed his objectives, he has lost regardless of what the rules or the game say. Why?

The shuttle is on its way to Central Command. Suppose that traitor somehow manages to kill his target in transit. He's got a shuttle full of witnesses, and if he somehow manages to escape the shuttle when it docks, there's a whole slew of security personnel who are going to be very interested to meet him. It's like killing someone on a bus headed for the police station. Yeah, you technically won, but you've also gotten yourself caught (99%) and your benefactor is probably not going to pay you or even acknowledge your existence.

You seem to have entirely forgotten that glorious death is an objective often, and the traitor can blow themselves up or die in another fashion whilst on shuttle after killing their target.

I don't think those two exceptions should completely invalidate everything else I said. That they can die on the shuttle from vigilantes (which are themselves a big part of the problem) should be a sufficient reason not to pursue syndicate objectives.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use