Add option to enable/disable the 'o' OOC hotkey

Alriac

This suggestion is not only because it is easy to hit F2 instead of F3 or 'o' instead of 'T' (which isn't actually).

The problem: When you press the say key it might take a bit to show the say input box. If in that delay you start writing and you press 'o' in the process, the OOC input box will open, take all the text and you will probably sending IC info to OOC. (At least this is what I think it happens)
If your character is immersed in some interaction that requires a fast reaction time you will write as fast and short as possible, not leaving enough time to realize your text ended in the OOC input box before hitting enter. That can lead to OOC messages like "ling in sci main, help!" or "Clown is a traitor!".

The solution: Add a game preference to disable 'o' OOC hotkey, or remove the hotkey entirely. Another solution would be to avoid opening the OOC box if the regular say box was already requested, I'm sure there is a bunch of possible solutions to this problem.

Edited by Alriac
  • Like 3

Once I said "oh cool nukies" in ooc rather than dchat and it has traumatized me ever since.

this was with the janitorial nukies

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use