Add a Disposal Unit Next to the Kitchen

SkeletalElite

There's room for it and maybe there will be less dirty plates around because people will throw them away

This genuinely a great idea! I'll take a look at the map when I can and see if it can be worked in.

Edited by Travelling Merchant

I...am not so sure about this. Only because of the number of greytiders who will literally grab every food item and throw them in disposals if it's so clearly in view. The closest one is in the kitchen or bar, but at least it'd require reasonable effort to move masses of food into either of them.

• Like 2

Could make it a trashcan similar to the one on the mining asteroid. Fancy stationary crate, should be regularly emptied by the janitor, keeps the trash out of sight while not allowing greytide to easily disposal of all the food. Or add something like a used dishes counter for the trash items, only accepts the resulting trash. More coding work, less abusable.

• Like 3

Its a bad idea from a gameplay perspective, as the greytide or just antag looking to cause mischief will just disposal the food.

A better concept is around having a fillable trash can that the janitor can come around and empty.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MarsMond said:

Could make it a trashcan similar to the one on the mining asteroid. Fancy stationary crate, should be regularly emptied by the janitor, keeps the trash out of sight while not allowing greytide to easily disposal of all the food. Or add something like a used dishes counter for the trash items, only accepts the resulting trash. More coding work, less abusable.

That works as far as I'm concerned. Yeah, Tidey McGrey can still empty the counter into it, but at least it's reasonably easy to empty it out again. 

2 hours ago, Purpose2 said:

A better concept is around having a fillable trash can that the janitor can come around and empty.

There's already one of those on the mining asteroid outpost. It should be really easy for anyone who knows mapping to put one by the kitchen.

58 minutes ago, Purpose2 said:

I don't know anyone like that

I don't know anyone GOOD at it, at least. There is that one dude who's working on Delta and Meta, but I mean, have you seen their work? Ugh...

2 hours ago, Ralta said:

I don't know anyone GOOD at it, at least. There is that one dude who's working on Delta and Meta, but I mean, have you seen their work? Ugh...

I've heard he is a jerk

• 3 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use