Spacemanspark dishonesty

AzraelKnightquest

Admin Key: Spacemanspark

Your Discord name (if applicable): 

Complaint: Dishonesty and bad use of authority

On this date, a few minutes from the time this is posted, I was converted in some way to some group or cult or whatever. I don't fully recall. So, I promptly started punching them. At NO point did I use a weapon or crit any of them. Once told, "Don't be that way", I promptly stopped. Then punched myself repeatedly. With NO INTENT to kill myself. I was told in LOOC I would get in trouble. I stated I hadn't broken any of the rules (Sabotaging, suiciding, betraying or exposing any of them or their goals) and I hadn't been given any orders, unless some jibberish from a voxy/plasma man with the name of "Chiki" something or another (who I told more than once I couldn't understand him) was supposed to be some kind of order I don't recall. 

I stopped hitting myself at one point and said I needed to be healed. I was NOT critical at any point whatsoever and was healed. Then Spacemanspark immediately started private messaging me with an arrogant, snotty attitude. He promptly told me I was attempting suicide, when I told myself that I was NOT that I was only hitting myself. He was EXCEPTIONALLY rude and overbearing, at which point I said, "I haven't broken any rules yet, so what have I done to earn your disdain THIS time? Because if you're going to bully me into playing this game how YOU want to play it, I can just leave right now". Rather than give ANY explanation as for what he was displeased with, he just said, "Well, if you want to be snarky, I can show you the door right here." As I was about to type up a response that wasn't going to be pleasant at all, he said, "You attempted to beat yourself to death" and I responded with, "No, I DIDN'T, stop lying". I then told him there would be logs that would show I was NEVER critical and neither was anyone else. He said, "Well, since your'e going to lie about things, you can put a complaint on the forums". 

Well, here's my complaint. I am not even JOKING about any of this and bear in mind this is NOT the first complaint on Spacemanspark's attitude. NOWHERE does it say, "As a cult member, you can NEVER punch yourself. No matter what. Under any circumstances. ESPECIALLY not if Spark is available". I didn't break any rules that I was aware of and furthermore, Spacemanspark saying WHY was I doing something FOR ME was such a ARROGANT ASS, RUDE thing to do. Just ANY of you reading this stop and ask how you'd feel if someone came up and told you WHY you were punching yourself, when you made sure NOT to do it that far. Just the fucking miserable BEHAVIOR of this ass clown is so far beyond unaceptable that any admin that supports that kind of behavior, I will promptly hold in contempt.

I put this complaint because Spark apparently has a problem with PROFESSIONALISM. As in, "don't take your shitty day out on others don't hold grudges and don't enjoy your power too much". Again, take into account that I'm not hte first to make this complaint on Spark and I most certainly won't be the last either.

Greetings.

Let's take a look at this Complaint together.

7 minutes ago, AzraelKnightquest said:

So, I promptly started punching them. At NO point did I use a weapon or crit any of them. Once told, "Don't be that way", I promptly stopped. Then punched myself repeatedly. With NO INTENT to kill myself. I was told in LOOC I would get in trouble. I stated I hadn't broken any of the rules

For this, I would like to quote our Server Rules. Specifically, the preamble to Rule 2: Regarding Roleplay

When it comes to suiciding, do not suicide upon getting caught or when converted by a conversion Antagonist.

Now, the crux of the matter is that you did not specifically kill yourself, but deliberately stopped short of doing it, as a quick search through the logs reveals:

PM: AzraelKnightquest/(Azrael Watts)->Spacemanspark/(Eric Yeskey): I'm not. I only punched myself so many times. I specifically did NOT punch myself to death.

The intent here is clear, and while you did not specifically break what the Rule said, we don't particularly care too much for blatant rules lawyering when the intent of the Rule is still fragrantly being broken. Your response to being told not to attack your fellow cult members by LOOC was to start punching yourself.

That's just bad craftsmanship.

13 minutes ago, AzraelKnightquest said:

I hadn't been given any orders, unless some jibberish from a voxy/plasma man with the name of "Chiki" something or another (who I told more than once I couldn't understand him) was supposed to be some kind of order I don't recall. 

On being converted to the Cult, you are supposed to help them. That much is made clear by the message you receive.

Punching yourself into Critical Conditions falls just short of the "suicide on conversion" Rule and, frankly, works on the exact same principle, even if it was Light Critical. it doesn't make any particular IC sense for this to occur.

19 minutes ago, AzraelKnightquest said:

Then Spacemanspark immediately started private messaging me with an arrogant, snotty attitude.

What Spacemanspark actually said was:

ADMIN: PM: Spacemanspark/(Eric Yeskey)->AzraelKnightquest/(Azrael Watts): Why are you punching yourself to death?

And then:

ADMIN: PM: Spacemanspark/(Eric Yeskey)->AzraelKnightquest/(Azrael Watts): Why are you beating yourself?

These are simple, direct questions pertaining to your case, carrying absolutely no emotion, or even tone, whatsoever. Calling them arrogant and snotty is odd, frankly, considering this standard fare for pretty much every single direct PM from an Administrator.

21 minutes ago, AzraelKnightquest said:

He promptly told me I was attempting suicide,

He saw 20 self-inflicted punches in your attack log. Anyone on the Staff would've thought the exact same.

23 minutes ago, AzraelKnightquest said:

He was EXCEPTIONALLY rude and overbearing

This is, simply put, a lie. In fact, just to make it clear how much this deviates from the truth, allow me to pull up the conversation logs:

ADMIN: PM: Spacemanspark/(Eric Yeskey)->AzraelKnightquest/(Azrael Watts): Why are you beating yourself?

ADMIN: PM: AzraelKnightquest/(Azrael Watts)->Spacemanspark/(Eric Yeskey): You were lied to. I apologize someone was dishonest and false reported to you.

ADMIN: PM: AzraelKnightquest/(Azrael Watts)->Spacemanspark/(Eric Yeskey): I just am. No real reason. And nobody's told me to stop. yet.

ADMIN: PM: Spacemanspark/(Eric Yeskey)->AzraelKnightquest/(Azrael Watts): You know better than that.

ADMIN: PM: AzraelKnightquest/(Azrael Watts)->Spacemanspark/(Eric Yeskey): Spark, I've done nothing against any rules yet nor disobeyed any orders that I've been give yet. Exactly what have I done to deserve your disdain THIS time? Because if you're going to try to bully me into playing how YOU want me to play, I'll leave right now.

Spark was nothing if not cordial and respectful to you, and receive thinly veiled accusations of persecution and outright hostility. The claim that was he "exceptionally rude and overbearing" holds no weight whatsoever.

25 minutes ago, AzraelKnightquest said:

Rather than give ANY explanation as for what he was displeased with, he just said, "Well, if you want to be snarky, I can show you the door right here."

As would be evidence, he was reacting to your previous comment. Acting in such a manner is a surefire way of getting an Administrator to forgo any actual conversation and proceed to punishment, since it signals that the person being talked to doesn't actually want to engage in a meaningful dialogue.

In fact, you even tell them that if they're going to try and "bully you", you'd leave right then. Permanent bans have been issued for less.

27 minutes ago, AzraelKnightquest said:

As I was about to type up a response that wasn't going to be pleasant at all, he said, "You attempted to beat yourself to death" and I responded with, "No, I DIDN'T, stop lying". I then told him there would be logs that would show I was NEVER critical and neither was anyone else. He said, "Well, since your'e going to lie about things, you can put a complaint on the forums". 

20 punches cause 100 damage, which is just barely enough for a Soft Critical. I suppose you could call this lying, but frankly, even I was surprised that 20 punches didn't do more damage. And even then, it still qualifies as "crit", albeit "soft crit".

46 minutes ago, AzraelKnightquest said:

Well, here's my complaint. I am not even JOKING about any of this and bear in mind this is NOT the first complaint on Spacemanspark's attitude. NOWHERE does it say, "As a cult member, you can NEVER punch yourself. No matter what. Under any circumstances. ESPECIALLY not if Spark is available". I didn't break any rules that I was aware of and furthermore, Spacemanspark saying WHY was I doing something FOR ME was such a ARROGANT ASS, RUDE thing to do. Just ANY of you reading this stop and ask how you'd feel if someone came up and told you WHY you were punching yourself, when you made sure NOT to do it that far. Just the fucking miserable BEHAVIOR of this ass clown is so far beyond unaceptable that any admin that supports that kind of behavior, I will promptly hold in contempt.

I was going to offer a complete rebuttal of this segment, but frankly I couldn't force myself to do it.

Spark did nothing except try and ascertain why a recent cultist convertee had punched themselves 20 times. They had every reason to believe this was an attempt at suicide, from the available logs. They acted cordially, professionally, and attempted to get the necessary information, and were received with hostility and passive-aggressive snark.

This entire appeal has been little more than an attempt at smearing Spacemanspark's name with outright lies over a perceived slight that was, in fact, more than justified. You may appeal this ban if required, but this complaint is without any merit whatsoever.

Filing to Resolved.

• Like 5