Revert the Movement speed refactor

IK3I

Quite simply put, the movement speed refactor that was recently merged has introduced such an absurd number of bugs and exploits to the system that have yet to be hotfixed, the game is approaching a state of unplayability. While Poly moving at lightning speed is funny, movement speed modifiers such as genetics, tiles, and drugs, as well as borgs in general, moving at such ludicrous speeds simply because of an oversight is hardly healthy for balance or game health. 

This is one of those fix it or revert it scenarios that requires immediate attention as it makes any strategy other than acquire lightspeed travel completely pointless since there is no counterplay to it.

Edited by IK3I
  • Like 3

I totally agree to this. 

This speed update is the worst thing that has happened in a couple months. You get one gene from genetics and you are godlike if your opponent doesnt have that gene either. There is virtually no way arround this currently and this cannot be intended to be like that. Please revert the change or fix that...

All of these have been hotfixed now, AFAIK.

Are there any outstanding that you think have been missed?

RUN/IGNORESLOW now properly ignores slows instead of increasing speed
Refactored human movement to be on the species level
Fixed slowed applying twice to humans
Animals now obey movement_delay
Some values may look different, but the effect it the same, due to movement calculation differences.
Xenos now obey movement_delay
Some values may look different, but the effect it the same, due to movement calculation differences.
PAIs now obey movement_delay

• Like 2

while that hopefully fixes everything, It does not appear that it covers the drug aspect. When consuming a syndi donk last night, I became just as fast as when I was using the genetics speed modifier.

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use