Make the health scanner "built in" to medi borgs.

Varlun

I'm making this thread as a result of the thread I made, suggesting to give medical borgs a 4th module slot. Instead of that idea, I think this is a better one. However I recommend reading that thread first, since a lot of what was said will still apply to this discussion. 

Anyway, here's my suggestion: Instead of a fourth slot, make the health scanner BUILT IN to the actual borg. So rather than it being a module, just have it be default active all the time. So that if we click on someone with no module selected, boom it'll give us a readout just as if we had used the scanner.

This isn't just about making it more convenient to scan people, it's about freeing up a module slot for other things. My standard loadout is scanner, cyborg hypospray, and defib. If the scanner were built in, my loadout would instead be the trauma kit, hypospray, and defib.

• Like 6

Ohh I get it. I thought you were talking about the medical hud. Yeah that would be a neat feature to add. Basically as long as the Borgs intent is set to help and is a medical borg, you can scan people's health. I like it.

5 hours ago, Jovaniph said:

Ohh I get it. I thought you were talking about the medical hud. Yeah that would be a neat feature to add. Basically as long as the Borgs intent is set to help and is a medical borg, you can scan people's health. I like it.

You're slightly wrong there. Help intent has nothing to do with it. It would work on help or harm intent.

I like it in theory, it's a nice QoL thing from what I see, I'm just not sure on the interface. Shift+click or other such things could be weird with code, and conflict with other things. A code monkey would know more.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use