HOLD UP WAIT A MINUTE

Shadeykins

I think Shadykins is talking about occasional tests of the former.  What happens is that everything is sped up, including the rate of combustion, the heat generation, and its diffusion.

Things being lit on fire are handled with a different process.  We don't have an easy way to decouple LINDA speed from the rate at which combustion occurs as far as I can tell, however I will look into the not easy ways.

5 hours ago, Love-To-Hug said:

Are you referring to things like plasma fire or mobs being lit on fire? Because it shouldn't be affecting the latter...

Former. Fast LINDA is a hell of a lot better, but it does speed up fire. I don't actually mind the spread rate of fire (where it rapidly spreads to available tiles), the issue is that a normally minute-long plasma fire burns out in 4 seconds.

All of cargo and half of central primary (from cargo, up to the bridge) were saturated with enough plasma that it was visible. When it was lit, it burned out almost instantly. Same thing with the chef's freezer, full of plasma that got lit and it instantly blew out all the walls from the heat but was over just as quickly.

Edited by Shadeykins

If  changes are made to LINDA in the code base, plasma fires will be adjusted to ensure a nice slow burn so that fires don't just flare out.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use