User Interface Improvements

Love-To-Hug

There are some issues with the user interface I keep running into no matter my role that I'd love to be looked at. I'm not sure how possible it is to fix them, so I'd appreciate some feedback from coders who work a lot with NanoUI and the BYOND UI in general.

NanoUI windows that vertically scroll hide the 'title bar' when you scroll down, making the windows immovable until you scroll back up.

NanoUI windows (particularly ones that vertically scroll) will often try to remember their position when re-opened in such a way that moves them above your screen. At this point they can only be moved back onscreen using the Alt+Space shortcut and then going to move mode and doing the arrow keys to move the window downward.

When a window spawns a standard grey prompt box twice in a row (such as in the Character Customization screen) the first grey box loses focus, and the second and proceeding grey boxes never receive focus, and instead keep appearing behind the window. This will happen a lot with latency where you're not sure if the server registered your click and so do you do it again, and then you end up with a bunch of the same grey boxes behind the window.

NanoUI windows that are meant to continuously update do not provide any feedback when they stop continuously updating - happens a lot with the handheld crew monitor and it is difficult to know when is causing them to stop updating when they don't give you said feedback.

(This one is likely something that can't be fixed but I'll just throw it out there) Often when I send a message, it will not appear in my chatbox. Sometimes other people see it, sometimes they don't.

Karma no longer has its own special tab and was instead moved to OOC, leading to the verbs getting used a lot less, particularly by new players.

Awarding Karma is a very annoying process, oftentimes leading to situations where you can't award karma to who you want to award karma to due to safeguards that prevent people from metagaming. It would be nice if these safeguards could be lifted when the escape shuttle departs the station, or at the very least, when the round is over.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Love-To-Hug said:

NanoUI windows (particularly ones that vertically scroll) will often try to remember their position when re-opened in such a way that moves them above your screen. At this point they can only be moved back onscreen using the Alt+Space shortcut and then going to move mode and doing the arrow keys to move the window downward.

This, its pretty annoying. I didn't even know there was a work around besides disabling NanoUI, so thats good at least.

• 4 weeks later...

Since we are talking about UI improvements, can we get the glass construction tab fixed, it is super clunky and hard to use while metal has been moved to the NanoUI system I believe.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use