Titles for Civilians

Fruerlund

The point of this suggestion is to implement more job titles. This will be a tool for players to come up with new characters and to allow for more diversity in our typical shifts. This could be anything from Civilians being able to designate themselves as actors, musicians or clerks. Or an Engineer whose job title is Exterior Engineer (or something) like that, whose job will be to conduct space repairs etc. But while still being a standard Engineer, which is the point. This is only going to serve as a tool for people to decide on how they wanna use this, do they wanna pretend they don’t know anything about wiring or do they not. Up to them.

Now the major focus of this suggestion are the civilians and assistants because they are the ones who would benefit the most from being able to modify their job title. As we will not run into them refusing to chase the criminal, because they set their title to Corrections officer. And while this is very easy tool is just a small attempt to aid our situation.

CIVS:

Clerk

Artist

Musician

Actor

Dorms Remap(Closed PR reopen it)

Courier/Delivery boy

Teacher

Activities Director

Stripper

Wrestler/Boxer

Comedian/Entertainer

Head of service

Entertainer

Builder

Contractor

Designer

Fashion Designer

MISC:

Barista

Bouncer

Journalist/freelancer

Regional Director

Priest/nun

There are still room for more suggestions and any comments to narrow down the field, aswell as what their default loadout should consist off

Brain dumping thoughts:

Assuming the idea behind 'Head of Service' is more like a Front of House / Maître d'hôtel - working as a sub command role much like the Quartermaster?

Journalist/freelancer - this is already an alternate title for "Librarian" and imo, should be split out to being its own job separate from Librarian. (Although I'd probably attach a low 5 karma entry to increase quality there from people intentionally wanting to play that role getting it)

Priest/nun - Reporting into the Chaplain?

Not sure what 'Regional Director' would be - seems like the role CC fill sometimes.

Stripper - :eyes:

Comedian/Entertainer - how would you seperate this out from 'clown'?

Musician is cool, reminds me of a player I haven't seen in ages 'Dan Jello'

Edited by Purpose2

Yeah, most seem fine to me...Then I see stripper and the fact we so heavily avoid sexual content in game. *Cough cough nova running around nude cough cough*

No to all the misc titles which usurp existing jobs/roles or give justification to poor behaviour.

Also no to Stripper for obvious reasons

No to Head of Service, that's the HoP and this will just create misconceptions.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use