Miner overhaul suggestion

Nayser

Recently i've been playing miner quite a bit and i noticed that it's all about the kinetic accelerator for this job...

Don't get me wrong, i like kinetic accelerator but other weapon choices offer a more unique gameplay and they get only so little love compared to kinetic accelerator.

What i suggest is, why not add upgrades for resonator and kinetic crusher?

Here's what i suggest for kinetic crusher.

Kinetic Crusher can now be carried in one hand for easier item management. When carried in one hand it does absolutely nothing.

KC Energy shield module (1500): On use in hand creates a 1.5 second shield around user. Shield completely negates damage from a single explosion, melee or energy attack and immediately breaks. Cooldown for shield is 4 seconds. Hitting in melee a target that was marked with kinetic bolt resets cooldown.

Description: Most experienced miners are almost invincible with this to threats on asteroid.

KC Dark enedgy energy module (3000): Kinetic bolt effect can now be stacked 4 times on single target for very big damage. Kinetic bolts cooldown is shorter and brute damage of weapon increased. Can be played like electric guitar on use in hand. Kinetic bolt's sprite will look like little purple-dark energy bat. Will make electric guitar sounds when attacking with it or firing kinetic bolts with it.

Description: Let's rock!

If both KC modules are installed, use in hand effect could be changed by right clicking on Kinetic Crusher.

Nevan.png

Clearly a DMC 3 reference weapon. :b

Here's what i suggest for Resonator.

Resonator capacity module (1400): Basicly turns standart resonator into super resonator.

Description: Allows to have 5 traps at the same time.

Resonator manipulator module (1000): Allows to move resonator traps by clicking on them with resonator in hand. The closer user to the trap, the further it will be pushed away. Standing next to the trap will push it 5 tiles away. Resonator traps can be stacked that way.

Description: Aim resonator at your traps for bowling time.

Resonator stabiliser module (2000): Adds third fire mode which creates red traps that after 2 seconds turn into orange traps that dissappear in 15 seconds doing no damage. When used in hand orange resonator traps explode for normal damage. Unable to switch fire modes while orange or red traps are present.

Description: Ohh they're going to glue you back together IN HELL. Enables third firemode that creates traps triggered by using resonator in hand.

I'am mostly pleased with mining drone but here's what i suggest anyways.

Mining Drone Carcass upgrade (3000): Only possible to apply on player controlled drones. Gives Mining Drone a new body that has hands but with one hand always occupied by kinetic accelerator. Using in hand kinetic accelerator transforms it into mining drill. Mining drone with new body will move faster and have bigger health pool. It will now also have a millitary belt-like storage along usual ore storage. 

Description: Simple mining drone  AI is not capable of controlling this body. Install it on mining drone with upgraded AI to make something beatiful.

borderlands_2__loader__by_ogloc069-d8jj1

About time SS13 gets a borderlands reference.

Here's what i suggest for hardsuits.

Mining hardsuit exoskeleton upgrade (1500): Makes movement in hard suit faster but still slightly slower than without hardsuit.

Description: Makes chasing goldgrubs a whole lot easier.

Additionaly i feel like there should be hardsuit skins sold at mining vendors, although those would probably require a lot of sprite making.

Skin changers would be applyable only on mining exosuits with retracted helmet inside. It would be awesome if miners could somehow visually express themselves since they always wear hardsuit.

Here's what i suggest for Mining Asteroid location.

It lacks content in general. Maybe there could be a hidden portal to place that has new surroundings and mobs along with a boss-like mob that protects a valuable artifact. Perhaps the shortest suggestiong on words, but biggest in deal.

Traitor bonus.

Illegal Mining Tool Module (6 TC): Makes any piece of mining equipment operate in atmos just as good as in open space while giving a new red-black skin to tool that it was used on (except dark energy KC)

Description: A line between tool and weapon is crossed.

A lot of this stuff is probably hard to code but If this gigantic suggestion will at least inspire coders and spriters to make something tiny i'll be most satisfied.

Edited by Nayser
small improvement

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use