Mimeolution (event idea)

ttwesten

Mime Revolution ~or~ Mimeolution.

11gpx4x.jpg

The mimes, they have been sought out, disgraced, even called for treason for not speaking a word, positions of heads eliminate them, before and after takes you to the clown rival. The clown, what isn’t it to the mime? The clown is a noise maker, a maker of noise and gags, Bah!, What is it to a mime? Torture. Shut and hunt the clown down, yet the station respects it. Why? Since it speaks?, the clowns have got heads, even becomming heads, while the mimes are sought to stay and eat garbage. Well no more, the mimes are comming in for a revolution on the station. You will all see what a true mime can do, and you will be fearful. Do not undermestiate the mimes ever again, they will come for anyone that hasn’t treated them right. The brothers... Sisters, you will all fall to the hands of the mime.

Though it should be pretty easy to attack someone who cannot speak? Well no, simply not - it really isn’t the case. Though as you all know, a mime can summon a wall. A wall of air? No, the mimes scientology of the wall they create are within it’s genetic structure, they can alter space around them. Ever see a mime trapped in a box? Well they are, since they created it. Even though a wall lasts for seconds at a time, what happens if the mime kept the walls strength open for a longer period of time? Well you see things differently. Mimes may not be able to speak, but they can force someone to stop speaking.

The mimeolution will consist of, you guessed it! Mimes!. Though not oridanary mimes, of course these will be the antagonist of the server so event controled. Though the mimes have had enough of the beating you’ve forced upon them, so they are fighting back with brothers at arms.

The mimes, currently have the spells;

Invisable wall

Speech

The mimes within this revolution would hold.

-Invisable wall - CD 10 seconds, wall lasts for 4 seconds, stretching to one block.

-Invisible box - CD 20 seconds, box lasts for 10 seconds, pins a target down into a box, they cannot move from it, nor can anyone attack them. (if a mime traps themselves, they can still use spells). 5 block distance of target.

-Tongue slice - CD 10 seconds A scalpel of invisibility made from space, slices the targets tongue clean off so they cannot speak, 2 block distance from target.

-Faze - CD 30 seconds, the mime fizzles out and goes invisible for, 10 seconds. If they attack or use any other spell the spell cancels early.

-Disorientate - CD 15 seconds, the mime produces a space energy within your mind making you collapse for three seconds. Five block distance.

-Noise-B-Gorn, passive ability. Noise around a 20 block radius fades. Making everyone around you deaf until they lead your aura.

-Screeches, CD 30 seconds, This spell though it creates noise, it generates a disorientating sound. The sound can be heard in a 10 radius area around you. The screeches sound like rusted gears cranking against each other. This by-passes Noise-B-Gorn.

-All Access ID. (Besides vault)

Though that is it, it seems the mime will serve as a noticable antagonist, though what is it’s true purpose? Well not to destroy the station no, nor kill anything unless needed(besides clowns). Though what is the mimes main goal? To show that they are here, that they are strong. That they will stand and fight back from the horrible discrimination happening on the station to them. It’s gone too far. Now it ends here.

----

A monolog, though it seems to be off a PDA, projecting around the station.

-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M6mQ2Sf ... e=youtu.be

-

Mime Script

“I was there, I witnessed it. The mimes, they’ve been planning, they’ve grown, it’s wonderful. I love it, I have seen it grow - spite. It lives, all of it lives. Experiments have all lead to this, what do I speak about you say? Well it’s simple. The mineolution. Yes, the revolution of the mimes, they are fighting back. You think they can only project walls? You are very wrong, all so, wrong. Just wait and see as they slice off your tongue. They will be here to notice what you’ve done. Butchered, death, given clowns the praise. No more, they are fighting back, the mimes will fight back, though not for death and disgust... Unless you are a clown. Though only for, well, let us see. They want you to know that they are not afraid of you. That they will come and find you. That they will come and make a example of you. You will know who they are when you see them, when you finally hear the screeches... On the screeches of heaven... Though it could be hell... I wonder I truly wonder, though what does it take, what does it hold. Oh my... Oh my indeed.

The mimes will fight back, they will... Ohhh yes they will, I have seen it coming for a long time. A very long time, your truest disgust is worshiping them, the clowns. You’ve made the clown a head, the captain. You’ve respected everything, even the AI... Well times change, you will see who to respect, or we will force it on you. Perhaps with a slice, with a box. Maybe a wall... Oh, even maybe for something else... Ah I wonder, no I know what it is. You hope to live, well the mimes will allow you to live, if you do not follow with the clowns. They are just here to prove that they are not to be discriminated against... Oh that word, brings down so many nations.

Oooohhh the fun, yes the fun. The mimes will rise and nothing you can do will stop them... They might seem normal but they’re not, they will hunt you down... Find you, they will do unspeakable things, you will hear it all. Just you wait, the mimes are coming, they are coming for us all... Though who I am to speak for them? I am Evark Mingle, the family of Mingle’s are allied with the mimes, head our call.”

---

I was planning this as on the Paradise server the mimes are the disgusted and killed things, whilst also being having many death threats upon them. I think this would be a very good to help the solution or add to the problem. Though it would be good for the events.

-

Please give feedback on what you think. Also tweaks, I need tweaks, so if you have anything to offer, go ahead.

*Takes an other-worldly deep breathe*

Let us begin.

From an atag point of view, don't you think your antags are probably really OP? I will expand on this, later.

Let us break down the concepts you present some. What seems to be presented is, a mime team to achieve, what, exactly? Killing a single Clown? Any crew member in their right mind that would not want their tongues cut off?

Further, Clowns and mimes seem to work together, more often than not, so it may seem, anyway. They are two jobs that almost everybody is fairly split in liking, either one, or the other, rarely both. What seems to be suggested is for mimes and clowns to be pitted against each other, by force, and giving the mime a rather unfair advantage, not only to the clown, but any crew. Clowns have clown genes, they can not use most of any weapons or sec gear with out hurting themselves in some way, shape, or form. So, like any long time clown player would know, the clown finds out "cheats" on how to be fairly robust. Mimes, on the other hand, are normal crew. They can speak, if they so choose, however, if they do, they lose the wall ability, or something rather short lived, if I am not mistaken.

Being introduced and taught how to play the game by a mime, as a clown, there is something that doesn't really sit right with me whenever somebody insists that mimes and clowns are meant to kill each other. Especially, when mostly, the real "enemy" to them both, is the security team.

Even further, something sort of like this was done once before, and I don't know because I was not around to actually see it, but I do think the mimes killed a fair amount of people, because, lol, imma mime lets kill cluwnes.

And for the elephant in the room, this proposition seems to bring almost no opportunity for RP, or so it seems. This is mostly due to the lack of defined goals, or objectives that these mimes would have.

TL;DR: giving mimes super powers to kill everybody, or whatever it is you want, is probably a bad idea, and will only be fun for a few people.

*Exhales*

Side notes: Read up on mime and clown lore in the library. There is already a considerable amount of clown lore, and bits and pieces of mime lore. Perhaps use your imagination and bulk up the lacking bits on either side.

Also, I do appreciate the thought and time it must have taken you to conceive the idea, but, who am I but just another player?

Also, that being said, don't be discouraged, I am only just another player.

First I will say, thank you for your reply.

Secondly, I realized that the abilities that the mimes would have would seem, "OP" in a sense. Though I have read the mime and clown lore. And as it states the mime dislike the clowns, at least what I understood it meant, whilst it stating it almost everywhere on the Wiki pages of mimes also. Though they are here to play 'pranks' in a sense, they've just been, well. Killed and slaughtered most of the time since of what they are. On the Paradise server on what I have seen anyway. Though it could just be my Australian timezone of that factor.

Though the mimes will have a traitor role, or something similar as to what it suggests. They are not suppose to kill but play pranks yes? Well this is simply what it could be, just harmful pranks that the mimes will have as what the server has suggested that the mimes will be harmful.

Though let us get to the spells. Yes I find them a bit OP in a sense, though it doesn't harm anyone just disorientates them. The most harmful spell they have is to slice off the persons tongue. Otherwise it is just trapping the others. Though the mimes have these, why not the clowns? Well it has no real purpose for the clowns to have somewhat spells to hand over. Though they can get some items! What items? Maybe a confetti gun, that harms people whilst making the clothes change colour!. Anyway it is up to virtuosity.

Though again, the mimes are not suppose to kill unless meant to. Otherwise they are suppose to do harmful pranks on others. Nothing to lead to death, though why cut out the tongues? Maybe it is to show people that they shouldn't treat a mime differently as they choose to not speak, so why don't you try it.

Though give suggestions on how to improve it, and again thank you for your reply. And your word does matter.

As far I could go to say yes a thousand times, I'm going to say no, despide my imense love for the mime. The abilities seem over powered,as others said,I will have to agree. But even so, one of the deadliest antagonists on the station are actually, you guessed it, the mimes. Many doors are opened by being a merely entertainer dressed in black and white that starts with only a bottle , a mask , a stylish outfit ,white gloves that leave no prints and the ability to never speak or be expected to speak. Usually this makes people think the mime is usually harmless and docile. But even so he can be ridiculously good if in the right hands, being able to break into areas he shouldn't be and grab stuff that could be dangerous and unable to be tracked back if was not witnesed. You can be anywhere and nobody will suspect a thing, your bottle could be used to store.. other nasty chemicals that upon "accidentally breaking" could lead to several deadly wounds. Your mask also acts as a gas mask, you are often to be expected in maintenance and hauling around tools because people usually see you only an assistant that can't speak. Its usually great played stealthly to be frank and the list can go on.

Now regarding your idea, the only thing I could agree on is giving back the mime his temporary invisible wall, as in rest it would be pointless to give the mime a dozen of abilities to murder people sensesly as a normal mime antagonist traitor is dangerous in its own way.

Well thank you for your reply!, Though I do agree and everything about your post. Very loving and very well known about the station. Though yes tweaks need to be made for the mime, perhaps I would suggest this post be taken down. Or left here, it is the choice of time. Though as I said before any helpful posts could help!.

Though, I think tweaks need to be made to the mime by itself. If it is even adding a second or two to the invisible wall. Or maybe adding in a new ability. It is the choice, since as I see it. The clown has much more opportunity.

-

Though this post was for how the players made the mimes look, it seems eventful. We shall see in the future.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use