MetaStation Improvments

Da Dman234

Right, so this seems pretty self-explanitory. Obviously this is only how I feel, and people will have differing opinions, so keep that in mind when reading this.

- Fix the AI upload, currently it's set up so that two turrets quite literally fire directly into the upload consoles, destroying them if it's on lethals.

- Add more cells to the Brig. You shouldn't have to drag prisoners all the way to the back to the "long term cells" in order to imprison them, especially with the tide that is prevalent on higher pops.

- Move cryo to a more central, accessible, location that is not in the corner, and add more cryo pods. If people think cryo is too hard to find they're just gonna ghost, which obviously is unwanted.

- Add more maintenance. As it stands right now it looks like a bomb to the hallway directly right and left of bridge completely cuts off the station into 4 sections, since there's so little maint. Sec completely cutting off the northern section from connecting to East and West is a huge -, and you definitely needs to connect the East, South, and West in more than one way that is far from the central "square" where command is located to stop a bomb from preventing movement around the station.

- Remove the gas chamber. Not 5 minutes after finding it multiple people started making gas the vulp jokes. While I'm not a furry and don't really care about the subject overall, it's clear moving forward this is going to be a problem. I'm sure it wouldn't be a jump for people to start making jokes about the holocaust, ect.

- While I understand that it makes sense the vault is in cargo, realistically nobody should or is going to trust anyone outside of command with a nuclear weapon. Not to mention that in its' current position nobody is primed to see something from the vault is missing, which was one of the advantages the vault on our current map has.

- I have no idea why the entire bottom left half of the station is basically all maint. If it's intended to be some sort of antag haven it will very shortly become, "every sec officer rush that one section of maint because that's the only place they can hide off the grid". Though this may be a small exaggeration, I feel it's better for maint to be better distributed across the station, so antags are harder to find.

- Robotics bay is a big, boring, square. Though it's in a good location it looks ugly and boring. Roboticists should definitely have eyes on the mech bay at all time.

- The Detective having a morgue is cool, but what's the point without an autopsy scanner? Either give them all or nothing. Also, would be nice to be close to evidence storage again, but that ultimately isn't a very big deal.

- Bar and Lounge should be the same room, the doors make things feel awkward and the bard too cramped. Bar also needs tables, chairs, ect. Cards and games would be cool too.

- Cargo office is square, awkward, and has a ton of excess space. Ore machine definitely also has to be more secured to passerby's can't swipe materials as they're being taken from the machine.

So yeah, I'll may or may not add a few things on to this, but that's about it. Anyone else with suggested changes can comment and we can pool them here.

- As Dman pointed out, three jail cells is not sufficient. We often use four or five cells during a busy shift on the Cyberiad and some cells are inevitably broken out of/destroyed. We could place additional cells where the prison shuttle is currently located. The shuttle could be moved west, where the vault currently is; or north, near the perma prison.

- A processing room is absolutely essential for security. Replace the holding cell and front desk with a large processing room. Move the front desk directly south of the warden's office.

- Placing evidence storage between processing and the detective's office allows easy access from those locations. The current evidence storage room could be replaced with security EVA storage.

- The internal affairs office is tiny and the magistrate's office is totally missing. Why not shrink the massive courtroom and replace that area with internal affairs, giving the current law office to the magistrate? The area allotted to the courtroom in the image below may look small, but it is actually large enough to copy and paste the Cyberiad courtroom in its place.

- The vault and AI upload are in strange locations. I think the vault would work better where the AI upload room is, and the upload should be moved to the bridge. There is unnecessary space in the meeting room and captain's office where the upload could be placed.

My proposals:

3B8xYxD7E.jpg

zZlMZdV2E.jpg

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use