Introducing wages!

Fruerlund

Working on a space station is both risky and hard. You need to buy tools for your department, order some crates or some of those fancy clothes to impress that female vox.. But you do not have the credits? Stop tiding and get a job or perhaps trade goods to earn some credits.

This is an attempt to introduce some means of bureaukrati (:)) without it becoming too overwhelming and limiting you. Noone works without being paid so why should you?

So, Introduce a script that every X minutes transfers A amount to whatever account is accosiated to the character by their ID card.

Obviously there should be different pay levels depending on what job is set to the ID. A Captain gets a good wage(for doing nothing) A civilian not so much. This should make it more interesting for players to do be more pro active in doing their jobs(payraises, dont get fired) and hopefully impact roleplay in a positive way without being too forcing.

Now with this system there is also a need to balance out some prices and add prices to stuff that you can normally get for free. Here I am refering to the different vendors etc. Tools and clothes. A civilian who is too lazy to work cant buy a computer or a welder. without credits sure he can still borrow(steal it) or maybe trade his way too it. He also needs to buy food but who survives on snacks so the chef decides to begin charging people because credits are now a bigger part of the game.

This allows for many new types of projects. A fine from security is now threatning as you can no longer afford tools for your job(get fired) or no more healthy food only snacks that makes you obese. Centcomm threatning to take away your wages is no longer a meme.

I think my point is made clear now, so let me hear some input and thoughts.

This sort of stuff has been talked about numerous times. The only way it will ever get off the ground is if we get someone willing to design it and someone willing to code it. The amount of challenge implementing such a system carries with it is tremendous.

Here's the what I think was the most robust thread on the matter, I recommend a read: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=8207

I personally don't feel like the wages would add much to the game. They'd just restrict players compared to what we have now and making them somehow persistent would make idling around a viable strategy for making money, which we obviously don't want.

Still, there's some potential in the idea, as some other servers do use the economy system in neat ways.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use