Mr Chang's Vending Machine Refill Canister

DrunkDwarf

The Vending Machine in Mr Chang's doesn't hold a lot of food currently, and has no way of being refilled unlike a lot of other vending machines.

To allow more use of Mr Chang's (potentially for players to remodel to turn into a fully-fledged takeaway) it would be great if this vending machine could be refilled by using a refill canister, either included as part of the Snack refill crate from Cargo, or as a separate crate, whichever is easiest.

From a quick glance at the code, i'm assuming this would be a straightforward change, that could open up creative use of that particular part of the Dorms.

The Vending Machine in Mr Chang's doesn't hold a lot of food currently, and has no way of being refilled unlike a lot of other vending machines.

To allow more use of Mr Chang's (potentially for players to remodel to turn into a fully-fledged takeaway) it would be great if this vending machine could be refilled by using a refill canister, either included as part of the Snack refill crate from Cargo, or as a separate crate, whichever is easiest.

From a quick glance at the code, i'm assuming this would be a straightforward change, that could open up creative use of that particular part of the Dorms.

I believe the issue is it doesn't use refill carts at all. From a coding perspective, making it accept the snack vending machine ones shouldn't be too hard and would solve this problem.

I had a further look at the code, and decided to try my hand at implementing this, figured it was a good way to start contributing and learn how things are structured.

Made the change, set up a local server instance of Paradise, tested my change, and then submitted a Pull Request to Github.

https://github.com/ParadiseSS13/Paradise/pull/6315

Was recently merged :) yay.

I've a few ideas of other things to implement, minor things that wouldn't affect gameplay any. I'll study the code more and possibly make further suggestions to see how people feel about them.

I had a further look at the code, and decided to try my hand at implementing this, figured it was a good way to start contributing and learn how things are structured.

Made the change, set up a local server instance of Paradise, tested my change, and then submitted a Pull Request to Github.

https://github.com/ParadiseSS13/Paradise/pull/6315

Was recently merged :) yay.

I've a few ideas of other things to implement, minor things that wouldn't affect gameplay any. I'll study the code more and possibly make further suggestions to see how people feel about them.

Congrats :D

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use