Limiting the number of assistants to curb the Grey Tide

GhostAA12

Actually, the number of greyshirts that can be played is directly tied to the number of active Sec. So if there's a full sec team, there can be many greytides. If there isnt many sec, not so much.

I've never really seen assistants as being the problem. I've seen just as much grief from rogue atmospheric technicians, authority abusing security officers or meglomaniacal captains as from our humble grey-shirts.

I gotta agree with mkenner here.

At least if I compare that with my own experience on most known or running servers with this gamemode or variant of the game, but to be more specific also my time here on Paradise / Cyberiad.

While some assistants (or at least certain characters in that role) tend to be more troublemakers, it's still within reason mostly (no "self-antag stuff").

Because I don't see "grey tide" as significant problem (apart from them piling up at customs for some time with no progress) I only see some advantages. Because any assistant that joins can fill any missing and / or vital positions. Or be actually worthy of the job name and assist people if departments are already full. Even if most assistants don't acknowledge or do this, they can be vital in some departments. Heck, if you want to go wild you could put an assistant into sec with a red jumpsuit but no weapons or only a flash, assigned to handle paperwork or so. Or as a trainee.

In short: I don't see a real problem here and only advantages at best.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use