Garbage men!

Jazzenstein

So, I've noticed the server tends to lag with more objects in play. Cargo has a disposal chute, but all that does is just move the objects out of sight. Instead of looking for some way to resolve that OoC, why not add a Waste Management Technician job?

Basically, the disposal chute leads to an indoor trash heap. The WMT is tasked with analyzing all the trash that comes to him. Non renewable items get placed in the incinerator, while renewable items get converted into Waste Credits, which can be sent back to Cargo, who then ships them off to CentComm (where they are despawned) in return for more supply points. Alternatively, they can be spent at a special vending machine which provides various supplies aimed towards making life for the WMT easier, such as a skewer which transfers items directly to the backpack.

The WMT must interact regularly with Cargo, and, in the event of the inevitable Incinerator malfunction, Engineering. The Incinerator can be illegally modified to process more waste, or even human bodies, for the enterprising traitor who can sneak them past Cargo.

Technically this is actually the job of cargo, although it's rarely actually done. Many people don't seem to know about the corridor just above cargo that runs to the garbage room where the materials thrown out are recycled into new and reusable forms.

WMT would be a good alternate title for cargo though, to emphasize someone whose job it is specifically to handle this (much like surgeon as an alternate title for doctor).

When working as Cargo, I regularly empty the disposals, hoping I'll reduce the lag a bit... to no avail :)

And, when it comes to that machine dispensing glass/metal, I've never been able to transfer the glass to a place where I can pick it up.. no matter whether I set the inlet to west/east/north/south. Am I doing something wrong?

When working as Cargo, I regularly empty the disposals, hoping I'll reduce the lag a bit... to no avail :)

And, when it comes to that machine dispensing glass/metal, I've never been able to transfer the glass to a place where I can pick it up.. no matter whether I set the inlet to west/east/north/south. Am I doing something wrong?

I have this exact same problem. I do pretty frequently run the grinder but I can never get at the stacked glass, etc. The other day I had to free a sec officer who got stuck back there, but I have no idea how he got there (both he and I were to busy for me to ask, and my being a borg it would not have been very in character, at least for my borg), he wasn't even hurt or anything, and to get him out we had to break some glass wall, so not exactly an option normally.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use