makeshift armor!

Holyass

We can make makeshift weapons, so why not armor?

It give better stats then having nothing on but it won't be like sec armor but it will be better stats then having nothing on.

So your saying that armor barely help at all? wow, No wonder why....

Well then I say that we boost the armor a little bit so they worth wear...

Makeshift armors.

YES.

No.

This isn't the Dark Ages, any weapons or tools you're up against would not reasonably be impeded by 'makeshift' armor. I'd be all for rustic/antique armor being loot from gateway expeditions, but buildable armor would not contribute anything to the game. Security has insta-stuns, antags have everything from arm blades to large caliber rifles, and most tiders swing for the head anyhow.

No.

This isn't the Dark Ages, any weapons or tools you're up against would not reasonably be impeded by 'makeshift' armor. I'd be all for rustic/antique armor being loot from gateway expeditions, but buildable armor would not contribute anything to the game. Security has insta-stuns, antags have everything from arm blades to large caliber rifles, and most tiders swing for the head anyhow.

It doesnt matter what age you are in, a punch is a punch.

The concept of this is really cool, I could see some good practical uses for this during rounds where nukies declare war and there is not enough armor to provide everyone, so the assistants draw their crowbars and cable coils and make themselves some floor tile armor. Personally I think a good way to balance out the cheap cost of this armor is for a chance for it to fall apart, which can be negated slightly by adding additional cable. Overall its a good suggestion, however its uses a somewhat limited.

Over all, I think we can have a nice spot for makeshift armor, it don't have to be file tiles it can just be metal sheet to save time and you know the wooden shield we can make, I was thinking of upgrading it with metal to make a metal cover wood shield to stop some hits, It won't be like a riot shield, and making the wooden shield that have no metal cover a % to break up.

And with the body armor, I think it can break but not to do so very much, when it dose break i think repairing it just take and some cable.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use