Strike Name rule for Halloween

sdtwbaj

On the theory of dressing up for Halloween, let's strike this rule for that day.

Unserious and Improper character names will be changed by an admin. If you continue to join rounds with unserious names, you may receive harsher consequences than just a name change. We allow names from video games and fantasy names, but forbid real life celebrity names or crude pun names.

Maybe leave crude puns banned, but allowing RL names since people be dressing up as IRL celebs.

(and adolf hitler, but he's still bound by the racism etc. rule)

No, dropping rules for limited times (in this case a day or a weekend) will only generate confusion and mean people will just use excuses after the event to continue have meme names. Doing so will just create more work for admins I'd rather see they didn't have.

No, dropping rules for limited times (in this case a day or a weekend) will only generate confusion and mean people will just use excuses after the event to continue have meme names. Doing so will just create more work for admins I'd rather see they didn't have.

But it won't.

It's as simple as a joining announcement, like the spooky Halloween one, allowing these names.

Using it as an excuse to use names after Halloween is like saying 'because we used nations last round i can murderbone'

It then goes back to normal enforcement, and it isn't especially hard to enforce.

But it won't.

It's as simple as a joining announcement, like the spooky Halloween one, allowing these names.

Using it as an excuse to use names after Halloween is like saying 'because we used nations last round i can murderbone'

It then goes back to normal enforcement, and it isn't especially hard to enforce.

youre applying reasoning to a player base that largely lacks it due to the quantity over quality policy we have currently.

trust me, just ask to spawn costume vendors or something. or do some dumb vampires vs wizards shit.

The arguments here about the chaos from dropping a rule for one day are pretty silly.

A certain rule is dropped on a certain day every year as a terrible Regens-esque joke.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use