Assembly line bar/Xenoarcheo/customs

LADdian

Hello!

I'd Love to realise a little dream I've been building, the Assembly line bar. I can build it every round I play, or I could ask you guys to add it to the map. I can understand it beating the purpose or redecorating the Assembly line, but hey! just putting it out here.

Aside from that, Is it possible to make Xenoarcheology usefull? The items found don't have much value and don't give a lot of gratification since they don't 'interact' much with other professions. Maybe if the artifacts would give research bonusses or something, it'd be a more popular job.

Customs: Custom's is a high karma cost job, but takes a lot of time from people. Maybe it would be more usefull if the Customs officer has to give the new arrivals their ID, in exchange for papers. It's make a lot more sense since then he actually has more to do then just shout at the door and force people to sign documents.

Just my two cents. I can understand if you guys don't agree with things, Just curious for your reaction.

Thanks!

Well Xenoarch is currently really really bugged. Before, you could've find very neat stuff without any problems or dificulties,as for the common artifacts,they could advance the research levels in certain cases like finding a sleepy pen or some weaponry, it also is a pretty interesting job to traitor if it actually worked right, harnesing the power of a dangerous rare artifact can be really.. beneficial.... ranging from EMPs to Shields to teleporting people out of the station and more , if you could actually find one.

As for Customs giving IDs, it would be really slow,unless the NT computer magically dispenses their IDs when they arrive on the station, and there is no guarantee there will be a Customs Officer at all, but it still works if it could be scripted somehow.

As for the Assembly line,it's one of those shady places no one checks and could make your round as a antag much easier for its uses are grand.On the other hand a bar in there could be nice.

I'll just use rounds when I don't feel like playing much to play on Nuffin and build the assembly bar.

Great fun stealing customers from the normal bar and advertising over radio.

Well Xenoarch is currently really really bugged. Before, you could've find very neat stuff without any problems or dificulties,as for the common artifacts,they could advance the research levels in certain cases like finding a sleepy pen or some weaponry, it also is a pretty interesting job to traitor if it actually worked right, harnesing the power of a dangerous rare artifact can be really.. beneficial.... ranging from EMPs to Shields to teleporting people out of the station and more , if you could actually find one.

As for Customs giving IDs, it would be really slow,unless the NT computer magically dispenses their IDs when they arrive on the station, and there is no guarantee there will be a Customs Officer at all, but it still works if it could be scripted somehow.

As for the Assembly line,it's one of those shady places no one checks and could make your round as a antag much easier for its uses are grand.On the other hand a bar in there could be nice.

There could be an automatic machine you put your papers into, and when the customs officer arrives, he scans his ID in his area to disable the machine to deal with it manually. AIs also should be able to reactivate it in case a customs officer leaves it on manual and leaves. When emagged and activated the automatic machine should spit out random, weird, and inaccurate things such as "Plant-Molester" with Engineering access.

Edited by Guest

XenoArch wont be fixed anytime soon probably, the maker is no longer doing anything code-wise last I heard and it's one of his equipment that is whats bugging out. Might have to change it to something, as right now all it is is a Safe Haven for Science and a free chem dispensor.

I'd Love to realise a little dream I've been building, the Assembly line bar. I can build it every round I play, or I could ask you guys to add it to the map. I can understand it beating the purpose or redecorating the Assembly line, but hey! just putting it out here.

Firstly, let me just say that I love what you've done with the bar and I've been really impressed every time I've seen you build it.

However there's really no need for 2 bars on the station. Particularly since we already have a restaurant and a dance-hall. There are more civilian/roleplaying spots on the station then there are chances for people to use them. The more we add, the more chance anyone looking to go to a roleplaying spot will pick a spot where no one is.

The rounds where you built it, the bar had purpose, it had story and it had the drawing appeal of seeing what you'd created. If we purely added it in via the map files, then it would become a trivial location fairly quickly I think. How often have you seen people make use of Mr Chang's? I don't want to doom your assembly line bar to the same fate.

Aside from that, Is it possible to make Xenoarcheology usefull? The items found don't have much value and don't give a lot of gratification since they don't 'interact' much with other professions. Maybe if the artifacts would give research bonusses or something, it'd be a more popular job.

The problem is that xenoarcheology is currently boring, so no one learns how to do it (including me) and therefore no one comes up with ways to change or improve it. I don't even gamemaster any events with xenoarcheology (which is a pity because it's well suited to directly GMed events) because to be honest, I'm worried about showing my ignorance of the basic procedures of xeno-arch.

Customs: Custom's is a high karma cost job, but takes a lot of time from people. Maybe it would be more usefull if the Customs officer has to give the new arrivals their ID, in exchange for papers. It's make a lot more sense since then he actually has more to do then just shout at the door and force people to sign documents.

This makes a lot of sense but it's hard to find a way to implement this, where it would still work just as well if no one played the custom's officer.

Just my two cents. I can understand if you guys don't agree with things, Just curious for your reaction.

Thanks!

Love your ideas and the way you're thinking. Just not sure how to implement them.

Regards,

M Kenner

Senior Admin.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use