Hijack and No-Restrictions

NethIafin

Hello

Another idea (not from anti-meta, but I'll return to that) from my sick head.

So what I don't like is how Hijack objective is worded and what it became to us all. If we return back, hijacking is mostly hacking doors (bolting em, subverting AI, etc) and then e-magging the console. Now here this objective is sometimes almost literally No-Restriction All-Permissions Granted explosionfest. There are several problems that I see

1) People new to Paradise think about our station as having strict antag policy. There is nothing in the Hijack objective that explicitly states that you have an option to kill everyone.

2) Antags that decide to do the killing are doing it slow most of the time, sometimes they just blow escape wing or release singulo (tesla) that 99% fails their objective. This generates a lot of ghosts

3) If shuttle is hijacked, people end in Cent-Com anyways... which is strage (although mostly irrelevant, since round ended)

So idea is to make two different things:

I) Hijack objective - hack the emergency shuttle console to send it in the right direction.

That is it. You e-mag console and shuttle goes byebye... to the syndicate. That is it. All you have to do is to survive until shuttle docks at some undisclosed syndicate location and local syndicate MPs deal with NT loyalist scum. You shouldn't kill anyone except whoever you need to.

II) No-Restrictions - You have to disrupt normal operation of NSS Cyberiad. Force shuttle call as soon as possible. You are given green light on any actions.

This resolves many issues. All actions done by such antag must be directed at forcing shuttle call (in other words allowing ghosts to wait less, like in nuke). Ofcourse this antag objective should be given only to adequate members of community (probably forcing at least a year in paradise) and should be easily bannable.

I know that might be too vague of a description, or additional work for admins (see my antimeta-1 suggestion results) but try to see it work, before you try to see it fail.

Comments are appreciated.

Many loves

then wouldnt the traitors who sit in the front of the ship win by default? people do that anyway, and they are pretty much untouchable.

I mean the window in the front, its really easy to slip aboard there with access to the shuttle

I've been toying with a similar idea on hijacking. Right now it's very illogical in its nature.

Most of the time, there's really no way to guarantee that you're the only person making it to the shuttle, so you end up having to kill people. You still have to kill the ones hiding in lockers, and can't even leave them in crit, because of LOGIC.

I like the suggested ideas, as long as the Hijack objective doesn't necessitate having an emag, since it's fairly easy to blow your cash on other things. We'd need to work around that, somehow.

On the Chaos objective - I think it'd be hilarious to tie a score to that. The sooner you massacre everyone, the better the score. The objective itself really isn't anything but a way for people to vent all their salt and have some acradey fun.

I've been toying with a similar idea on hijacking. Right now it's very illogical in its nature.

Most of the time, there's really no way to guarantee that you're the only person making it to the shuttle, so you end up having to kill people. You still have to kill the ones hiding in lockers, and can't even leave them in crit, because of LOGIC.

I like the suggested ideas, as long as the Hijack objective doesn't necessitate having an emag, since it's fairly easy to blow your cash on other things. We'd need to work around that, somehow.

On the Chaos objective - I think it'd be hilarious to tie a score to that. The sooner you massacre everyone, the better the score. The objective itself really isn't anything but a way for people to vent all their salt and have some acradey fun.

maybe he's given some kind of spoof ID that he can use to redirect it?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use