Bring back Face Huggers in limited supply

Taaketa

So for those of you who don't know.

We used to have face huggers strewn across Gateway missions and randomly spawning on the mining asteroid. They were removed because people would essentially self-antag by running into the gateway mission, letting themselves get infected and spawning in aliens. In some of the most worst examples of it happening. People would take monkey cubes and make a small monkey cube army before succumbing to a xeno infestation.

I would like to see them come back, but not to the gateway mission. Ideally what I would like to see is their re-appearance on the mining asteroid in the asteroid rooms. They never seemed hostile anyway there, anytime I came across one they never attacked and I could put it in a locker.

Also I'd like to see them appear on the random Z level zones like this one.

I'm not even suggesting anything like the scale the gateway was. Which I think at one time had like 20 face huggers on it. Just 1 face hugger in a random room on the asteroid and 1 face hugger in the above location (or the abandoned station beside it, same Z level)

people would 'accidentally' get hugged every other round

Well yes, I did mention that was the reason it was removed.

I've only suggested two locations they would spawn, both of them are random spawns, so will not always be there on the server. So by it's nature there cannot be a "every other round someone gets infected" because people won't know for a fact if the facehuggers are there or not.

Like he sad, random spawn on different location every round in the huge and complicated area to exit that this poor suicidal gateexaplorers have something to do before they come back to ruin round.

Actually I don't want ANY spawn on the Gateway mission at all. Simply a single spawn on the Asteroid (which itself is random and does not always appear) and a spawn on the linked Random Z level spawn (which itself is random and doesn't always appear).

I'm no fan of having people accidently getting facehugged in every round, however them being nonexistent in any gateway or asteroid location is simply side stepping the issue. This happens as well with shadowlings, real Xeno infestations, and so on. However its not that simple to tell if someone really did not know facehuggers were there, or if they did it on purpose. Also with shadowlings, that is the main gamemode. If someone is facehugged, that starts another antag type along with the antag type that spawned at round start, adding to chaos. Then again, is that not the point of SS13?

All in all I would not mind them being adding back in, limited of course, in some locations.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use