Suggestion for rules regarding search of SSD players

Angelo85

So I was told as Security I am not allowed to search a wanted person if they are found SSD, only if I actively pursue them and they go SSD to avoid capture.

I think you should be allowed, once again if you find someone set to wanted status, to search his backpack, belt etc. for illegal items to confiscate them at least.

Your opinion?

For example; a wanted traitor falls SSD due to his connection dying, officer finds him, searches him and finds traitor stuff which he then takes away. When that traitor comes back *poof* his stuff is gone, he could have had his objective item there which the officer took. That would screw the antag over big time, they already have it tough.

If the person going SSD is clearly doing it to avoid getting caught, that is a thing you can ahelp. A rule rewrite for this issue while it might do some good, would just overly screw over those who don't do it on purpose.

As it currently stands, unless someone actively disconnects in a chase or after being detained, they are immune to interaction beyond being stuck in a cryotube (security generally loophole this anyway by parking known antags in cryo and waiting, but that's a different discussion).

In my view, if security have valid and objective evidence to seriously justify a search of someone, going SSD probably shouldn't avoid it- they initiated the situation by doing something to warrant that suspicion, remaining connected to the server at that point is their responsibility. SSD players absolutely should be immune to random or 'random' (suspicion-based) searches, though.

As Farya said. The rule isn't there to completely blacklist all interaction. If you adminhelp, more often than not we'll say it's alright. If you find their SSDing body in maint, then it's an issue of just not being a douche towards the other player, whose internet probably cut off.

Adminhelp, people!

It's not as easy as that. Admins that can check the logs tend to be better at judging if it's alright to touch the SSD player than other players.

Adminhelping won't take up too much time for you and if they wake up you might as well get on with whatever you intended on doing in the first place.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use