Idiotsm of civilans and full gray tide concept

uliks

I want to ask all pro players, what a hell are you doing two ours in the game when you choose to be civilians. Are you on some kind of acid when you are playing them. I mean it can be okay for first 15minute of game, but then you all wander, from where all gray tideing comeing from. It is so fucking obvious, there is littery to little role for 100 people in the game. I am not sure who is biger idiot here, you or them. Yust put the game limit on 65/70 people.

Because often times experienced players have already done all there is to do and enjoy the freedom civilian offers, allowing you to do a lot more with much less responsibility in the game. This in addition to being accepted for nearly every role in the game, and more likely to be able to have time to do more interesting things (gateway, space exploration, large construction projects, D&D games, etc.) due to a sort of expendability that only the civilian role offers.Many don't wonder where the greytide come from, it's generally understood that people who are new to the game are less experienced and worse at it than experienced players, thus gaining the name, greytide. The fact that there are too few roles in the game has been stressed to death, and it's more than likely that it would need a map change to accommodate the additional slots necessary to support our often 100+ population, which is why metastation is being widely discussed in the "It's time for a bigger map" thread. Limiting the server doesn't do the server any favors in terms of adding to the game. It artificially limits people from joining, which can suck big time regardless of what role the person attempting to the connect has in staff or the server. It removes more from the experience and will drive off more players than it will help in the long run, especially now as we have an aforementioned amount of over one hundred people playing at the same time.

In short, I disagree with the statement that an artificial limit on total connections should be placed under any circumstances, and believe that the primary goal of those who play civilian often is to enjoy themselves and the game in a fashion they see personally fulfilling.

tl:dr / Why the hell are you using a long argumentative format? I like to mess about without responsibilities and being a civilian is one of the only good roles besides mechanic (assistant with a spacepod and roundstart toolbelt) to get that. Also I like talking on end without needing to say "Well shit, the job calls! I've gotta go! See you maybe never!" It's also fun to fill any job role I like if I happen to get in the mood and the HoP is feeling nice.

Because often times experienced players have already done all there is to do and enjoy the freedom civilian offers,

basically this

i can say with total confidence that i can do any job outside of surgeon, chemist and science. but really, sometimes i just want to muck about in space and do w/e without having to drop my pet project to fix some snipped wires or something trivial like that. that's basically what assistant is for.

sometimes i just want to be a shit disturber. a miscreant. rip up floor tiles, spread blood, get arrested, do it all over again. that, too, is nice every once in a while.

I feel the most overly dramatized thing in this whole game are grey tiders. Assistants are not even that bad for the station, they actually add variety to the server and make it a bit more interesting instead of everyone having a strict role in a department. Sure you will have a few shitters here and there, but their behavior will quickly land them jail time if they are being to noisy about it.

Personally, I like to see civilians because it's another wild card for the game. And if they want to grey tide, security has more than enough ample supply of tools to shove them into a cell for 15 minutes.

You know what civie is to me? An RP class. Sit in the bar drink and talk to randoms that enter in the hope that they will return the favor rather then robust you (Getting less likely these days).

That and I like doing some things without a responsibility like I can steal small random shit as my Vox because it is fun to try and sell it to randoms or try and forge a shipment of rubber gloves from cargo to give out to hackers. It means you don't have to do anything and that's a freedom only civie has

I love being a Civilian for a few reasons.

I. I just love creating hidden pathways that connect me to every department in some way.

II. I build bases for reasons such as hiding from sec/ helping strangers

III. The storm of chaos that engulfs the station, when that happens, the assistant is the most chaoticly neutral character, they can either help or hinder the entire situation, such as creating a militia when the station is under siege, and creating a zerg swarm at the enemy.

IV. This is the most important to me, The RP experience. The things you can see and do, an example of this is when I was a grey, I was in a plague doctor suit and hid my ID, so I was Unknown to everyone. I found a guest pass named . and just got to work, No one at cargo questioned me, and when my time ran out, they got me a new one, then an actual ID! Another time i made a ghetto surgery room in maint above the hop's office, and got the hop to give me a full set of tools and advertised my workshop, which led to me creating a monster (back when the microbattery surgery existed still).

All in all, yah The Civilian is just a relaxing job that anyone can do, its the job to expiriment and learn, and the job to practice escaping security when you get caught doing something illegal, finding a vox and a xenomorph having a date, all these things youd never see or do if you had an actual job because of responsibility.

This has been a rant by Pazneria12, sorry if I got a bit out of hand with this, some of these things could probably be more specific and could be read the wrong way. Eh Ill burn that bridge when I get there.

I like to be a civilian because I love to fuck off and do my own projects a lot. Scientist is easier, but regulated to shiznit, so I just go civilian and scrounge up what I need. If I can't find it, I steal it. If I can't steal it, I buy it. If I can't buy it, well, that's when things get fuuuuuuuuuun.

• 2 weeks later...

it's generally understood that people who are new to the game are less experienced and worse at it than experienced players, thus gaining the name, greytide. The fact that there are too few roles in the game has been stressed to death, and it's more than likely that it would need a map change to accommodate the additional slots necessary to support our often 100+ population, which is why metastation is being widely discussed in the "It's time for a bigger map" thread.

Instead of making bigger map idea and all that hard work, I think I got much easyer idea.

We could make another role, survivors and they would just random spawn on any random maps in gateway,

and then instead of 40 graytideing civilians we would have, more peaceful civilians and much less players to ban, and graytide complains, because they could do whatever they want in there as long is it outside of space station. And everyone would playing happily ever after. The End.

the same thing, what does do every time when your job is full of people

sounds hit and miss, either you're a gateway explorer or something else

yes, this game works like that, every role is hit or miss

because you can not explain that to each new person individually, we need more jobs or bigger map. it should be used for mass graytide control, because jobs get so full there is only way to go civilian job and start graytideing.

If you want a job, mark it as high and unless it's a head job there is a 90% chance you'll get it.

As far as a new player, not only ARE they civvies, it's ENCOURAGED to be a civvie, as you aren't accountable for much.

Besides, why control the greytide? It makes things interesting.

>says im outdated

>literally play daily at peak times

excuse you sir

I don't see greytiding as a problem, because it's a part of SS13 and a part of what gives the game its charm...the freedom to do almost whatever, however you want. If that involves harassing Security or kidnapping the clown and forcing it to spin around on a table while you whip it with a cable coil, then awesome.

Eventually you'll reach the point where you've played the game enough that you just need to do something new.

For many people being a jackass greyshit fills that hole, I should know since it does it for me.

It's either that or embracing your inner snuflake and nobody wants that to happen.

Eventually you'll reach the point where you've played the game enough that you just need to do something new.

For many people being a jackass greyshit fills that hole, I should know since it does it for me.

It's either that or embracing your inner snuflake and nobody wants that to happen.

In either case, expect a trio of jackbooted redshirts to brutally crush your dreams. Once we've killed the traitors and griffins, nothing makes us happier than giving Baldy/Snuwflake 20 minutes for whatever reason we can.

Hail Brigston.

Graytideing is not my problem, is not about that, you guys are still very far from thematic, you don't read other discussions, complains and ban appeals. Admins already destroyed few parts of game in last years and is going worse. There is gona be big change because ban appeals just keeps on rising.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use