Hazard vest suit slot.

Farya

Among all departmental external vear hazard vest seems to be the worst and the least used.

Any labcoat and medical vest have two pockets and can hold big variety of medical items in suit slot.

Security armour and jacket either give protection or looks cool and allows to carry firearm, stunbaton, flashlight and handcuffs in suit slot.

Hazard vest is not so cool however. It have two pockets for engineering tape and mesons and nothing more.

So how about allowing it to carry ANY tool inside its suit slot(including much bigger welders from rnd), rcd and gasmask in its suit slot? It would make it much more useful and wanted by engineers who often prefer to just walk around in heavy hardsuits which by the way can hold rcd in suit slot.

Edited by Guest

I agree with everything but the RCD.

You should only be able to fit pocketslot items in it.

Welders starting from Upgraded dont fit into pockets which make them undesirable by engineers. Its better to just carry 3 industrial ones. 1 in yout belt and two in your pocket. You can always discard the extra. Or carry around welding backpack for big repairs. So all type of welders should fit into vest suit slot. Gasmask is not pocket size too,

Huh, being able to carry upgraded/experimental welder in something other than my backpack / satchel would be neat. Would be nice to see hazard vests actually have a use. I wear them as greytide or cargonian more than I do as engineer... though lately I've been preferring locker vendor coats because they're stylish, even if they can't hold much of anything.

We used to have webbing.

It got removed from engineering at some point, and then later removed from atmospherics too.

Its was removed because security webbing was removed. So no department have webbing currently.

And from antags only vox (t)raiders have webbings. Nukies lack webbings here.

Webbing was *crazy* good tbh. Like, security webbing was literally a secbelt that you wore in the accessory slot, while engivest was a five-slot toolbelt (ie everything but multitool and cables) in the same. Even the ordinary assistant-tier webbing was three slots, and that's enough to stash an emag, a hand tele and a syndicate bomb beacon. I vividly recall looting the HoS's ID right off his corpse, with the blueshield watching, and he didn't find it on me because he didn't check my webbing. Three slots is also a screwdriver, multitool and crowbar for a doorhack kit. If it was available, you grabbed it, no questions, no alternatives.

It was a good idea though, and it'd be cool to have them back as exosuit-slot items rather than jumpsuit accessories. So engineers could wear a toolbelt as a vest instead of a belt, or security could opt for more pockets instead of armour. Given that the framework for exosuit pockets already exists, it'd be relatively simple to create a re-sprited hazard vest with more pockets and a different (and pre-existing) set of sprites.

We used to have webbing.

It got removed from engineering at some point, and then later removed from atmospherics too.

Its was removed because security webbing was removed. So no department have webbing currently.

And from antags only vox (t)raiders have webbings. Nukies lack webbings here.

It was actually available in atmospherics for at least a month after security webbing was removed, but I think that was an oversight.

I remember Engineering ERT members used to get webbing, too.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use