Bring Back Stungloves

Psyentific

Add Stungloves as a traitor item.

Low TC cost, say, 2-3 TC for pairing with Chameleon, C4, Voice Changer, etc. and on par with parapen for inconspicuous incapacitate weapon.

Stungloves appear as ordinary gloves on sprites and inspection, they must be removed to reveal their true nature.

Stungloves replace punching (ie unarmed harm intent) with a short stun - say, six seconds, just long enough to get cable cuffs on the guy and/or take off his headset.

Stungloves have two charges, and can be replenished by screwdrivering the power cell out and inserting a new one.

Stungloves are insulated against electricity.

Way way too OP

A replenishable parapen with the added effect of being being insulated? AND it costs 2-3 TC?!

When they were in the codebase they would give you a very nasty shock if you did get shocked by a door, it was considered the only downside, and the only reason to why everyone with gloves didn't get them, this would make it a must-have traitor item for anyone because of how powerful it is.

Shit it's like we added a stun baton to traitors for 2 TC, except it's near impossible to see it coming, this plus a chainsaw or an esword and you could just stun + hit the head and kill the entire station with a backpack full of powercells.

Make it engineer only and at the same price of powergloves since powergloves still can stun basically

But powergloves are already hilariously lethal if you hotwire the power.

Yeah except nobody hotwires the engine anymore because it makes APCs spark all over so the problem is immediately fixed making your gloves worthless.

Edited by Guest

Make it engineer only and at the same price of powergloves since powergloves still can stun basically

But powergloves are already hilariously lethal if you hotwire the power.

Yeah except nobody hotwires the engine anymore because it makes APCs spark all over so the problem is immediately fixed making your gloves worthless.

Or just be a wee bit more clever and don't hotwire the tesla, just the singularity alone will not cause arc lighting from APC'S

Yeah you need about 5MW or so last I checked for sparking, keeping the powernet below that means you won't get that lethal. Regular singulo without chilled gas only gets about 2MW at stage 3 stable last I checked.

As for the topic of this thread? No. God no. Stun Gloves were cancer, a stun item that couldn't be dropped, disarmed or taken away from a person without first stunning them long enough to strip them, you were better off just cuffing them. Krav gloves are bad enough. Six second stuns are pretty long too for an item with no obvious tell or sprite change that it's about to happen, at least parapens have inhand sprites so you know something is up when they approach.

Yeah you need about 5MW or so last I checked for sparking, keeping the powernet below that means you won't get that lethal. Regular singulo without chilled gas only gets about 2MW at stage 3 stable last I checked.

As for the topic of this thread? No. God no. Stun Gloves were cancer, a stun item that couldn't be dropped, disarmed or taken away from a person without first stunning them long enough to strip them, you were better off just cuffing them. Krav gloves are bad enough. Six second stuns are pretty long too for an item with no obvious tell or sprite change that it's about to happen, at least parapens have inhand sprites so you know something is up when they approach.

Or break the legs of your enemy, so he cant stand up...

Yeah, I saw stungloves on tc(it have both stungloves and stunprod in code). Even security make them as backup weapon. Thats sick as hell. However admins bwoink people like assistants for making them because bay and because admins see assistants like some kind of gopnics.

>complains about stun gloves

>doesnt complain aboit krav maga

> OP item which is not seen on examine and sprite, can be mass produced, have no warning when readied up

> 1 powerful item with unique sprites and give only to warden.

Those unique sprite can be dyed with anique crayon

Its still given to the warden only and everyone knows it. So even if he paints his gloves yo are free to guess that he have one ready on him.

And you still get big red warning message when warden prepairs any unique attack with his gloves.

We need less instastunning all round IMO.

How about if they cost 4-7 and dealt a decent amount of randomised burn damage (as you'd expect from being electrocuted) and did stamina pain, stick in induced HEAVY slurring and maybe a little brain damage and they'd be a decent stealth combat option without the "i win" factor.

If that's not "balanced" enough have them burn out the battery in 3-5 hits and require a wholly new one, or bump up the TC so they're in the same cost tier as the e-bow.

We need less instastunning all round IMO.

How about if they cost 4-7 and dealt a decent amount of randomised burn damage (as you'd expect from being electrocuted) and did stamina pain, stick in induced HEAVY slurring and maybe a little brain damage and they'd be a decent stealth combat option without the "i win" factor.

If that's not "balanced" enough have them burn out the battery in 3-5 hits and require a wholly new one, or bump up the TC so they're in the same cost tier as the e-bow.

Then, it would make them unappealing when you can just whip out the e-bow n esword combo, and texas two step your target into next week. I'd say as much as the power fist, around 8 tc's. But, has a major draw back. Yes, it will retain the colorable thing but at the cost really weak power, meaning it has the power of a standard power cell so, say each uses 1500 power. To balance out as it would start with 7500. So, if my math is correct you end evenly at five uses before they give out. From there you could in theory recharge them but the time would take around 30-60 seconds at least

Then, it would make them unappealing when you can just whip out the e-bow n esword combo, and texas two step your target into next week. I'd say as much as the power fist, around 8 tc's. But, has a major draw back. Yes, it will retain the colorable thing but at the cost really weak power, meaning it has the power of a standard power cell so, say each uses 1500 power. To balance out as it would start with 7500. So, if my math is correct you end evenly at five uses before they give out. From there you could in theory recharge them but the time would take around 30-60 seconds at least

See this Maintainers?

FAIR AND BALANCED

speed merge pls

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use