Cryokinesis Rebalancing

Sleeves

In its current state cryokinesis:

Kills quickly and silently,

Can target anyone within line of sight,

Displays only a single message and is already causing a severe effect by the time that message is displayed,

Breaks the victim's headset,

and what I feel makes it particularly overpowered;

Cannot be traced back to the source.

Its only weakness is how difficult it is to discover and while that does keep it from consistently ruining rounds, it does still ruin any and all rounds it is discovered in due to being above and beyond any weapon in existence (except maybe a nuke). Given a choice between a marauder and Cryokinesis, I'd choose cryokinesis. It's more effective.

As for nerfing it, I'd suggest making some way of telling who it is that has the power. At the very least allow the victim to call for help while they're rapidly freezing to death.

Does anyone else feel the same way or have ideas to make it less overpowered?

A few:

-Have it do minor cold damage to the user as well.

-Give the person with this power blue/icy skin or glowing blue eyes.

-Surround a person using the power with fog.

-Leave an icy trail between the user and the target.

-Have the user leave icy/blue footprints behind after using it (or always).

At least let the victim know it has been hit with it so you know who did it. I've been killed once with this power and the second time I was struck by it, I was near a cryocell (how convenient and ironic) that allowed me to survive the burn damage caused by the power (I was dragged out of it by the invisible attacker that transformed me into a monkey but it's a different story).

I totally agree that it's overpowered. When it's combined with invisibility, that's just ridiculous.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use