Money matters!

Mustard

On the sever, I have rarely noticed money have any actual value, except at the end of round report when someone has a ridiculously high amount of wonga. I think money should get more attention

I don't know if this is the EFTPOS, I will describe, the EFTPOS is difficult to handle.

Say you want costly medical care, so let's pay for it.

Medical Doctor has card reader, which is pre-set to the Medbay account. Someone needs £4k surgery. The MD puts £4k into the card reader, hands it over to customer. Customer scans ID card and puts in their pin. PING. Cash is transferred to Medbay, along with a nice receipt!

Of course this is a mere idea, I'd personally think this simple device could easily increase the use and importance of money. As well as this it could lead to some under hand black market dealings from Cargo, as an RP example.

Each business area/department/sector would have their own card reader which is linked to said departments account. Alternatively, there are a few unaligned card readers, which someone could align to themselves by merely scanning their ID and pin as the operator.

This system would actually make good use of money and bank accounts.

Due to now money rolling into departments, a new accounts computer should be set up where the respective head can they, and should pay their employees cash from the profits directly from bank account to bank account without withdrawing cash.

I also believe the notes section: I.e. Bank account details and pin should be kept in ones PDA.

To be honest money is more of a throwback to Baystation or BESTRP were the roleplay around money is more important.

I think the best option is to take your idea but make it a game mode. All heads of staff have to make their department's bankrole the biggest. The individual staff have to have the most money at the end of the round, department the most money. So you've got several objectives.

Let's take engineering for example:

Atmos needs to be setup to pump air into the station. The CE Could charge each department a 'nominal' fee and also fine them for not maintaining good atmos protocol.

The CE could also charge for supplying electric to the station (although harder to enforce) but could result in interesting play like departments secretly setting up the solar arrays and powering themselves through those.

Basically what I'm describing is Nations but not a "lawl let's see who can fuck up the other the most lawl".

How to make people use money more often: Get rid of the PIN system entirely. Don't know about you, but on every server I've been on, I've entirely avoided anything that requires any use of money because I'm tired of fucking pulling up my notes and manually inputting an ID and PIN every time I want a fuckin' soda.

Putting in the PIN is just annoying, just have it when you insert the card, a notification pops up that says "A transfer of X to BANK-ACCOUNT will occur if you press accept, do you? Your current balance is X". I'm fairly certain EFTPOS could be simplified too, lock it in with your ID, for med-bay it would be already locked in to the medical account. And then any one with med-bay access to set the cost of a transaction.

Chef and bartender could get a unique one too. Where they can set up a menu, and when somebody uses the EFTPOS they are greeted with the menu, select a few items, and then pay and have a receipt pop out for the bartender.

Putting in the PIN is just annoying, just have it when you insert the card, a notification pops up that says "A transfer of X to BANK-ACCOUNT will occur if you press accept, do you? Your current balance is X". I'm fairly certain EFTPOS could be simplified too, lock it in with your ID, for med-bay it would be already locked in to the medical account. And then any one with med-bay access to set the cost of a transaction.

Chef and bartender could get a unique one too. Where they can set up a menu, and when somebody uses the EFTPOS they are greeted with the menu, select a few items, and then pay and have a receipt pop out for the bartender.

Agreed, would LOVE to see money be an important part of the game, hell even part of the game at all, but the pin and ID system is not nearly robust enough to support this, Simplify EFTPOS by tying everything to your ID and you're looking at a potential transaction revolution, it worked in real life.

Bonus points if the various departments got a departmental budget (initial money and then some more every X minutes) and this could be used in cargonia instead of the arbitrary supply points system. Botany wants a cow crate? They wire over $100 to the cargo account and then the cargo tech/QM orders the cow crate that costs $80. Botany get's their cows, and cargo makes some money, everyone's happy.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use