Vampire improvements

PPI

Vampire mode is essentially changeling mode but fun, because you don't have to kill everyone.

So here are two issues that I have found.

Space

So apparently vampires are harmed by the supposedly sun that orbits the station, its kinda silly for several reason.

1. Its immersion breaking.

Lets see if this guy burns in space? Oh look VAMPIRE!

Yeah that is kinda stupid and game breaking, space is like half the game, and spacesuits would protect against the sun either way, because then normal people would be blinded randomly and get heaps of radiation damage.

2. It's unfun

Space walking is a huge part of the game, and when the sunlight is in a direction that can't be detected by any means other then solar panels, well yeah, no fun allowed.

Church

Apparently it burns vampires too, the reasons for space are the same, sure disable their power, but randomly catching fire? No. whats the point.

Here is another thing.

Vampires in this game are not undead.

So yeah, change this, because randomly lighting fire because your here or there is silly, it ruins a round, it kills all fun.

I can't tell if you're being serious, or if this is a terrible attempt at satire.

This in mind, I've formulated two responses.

1. (You're serious). This is retarded. Vampires have ridiculous abilities, their entire function is to commit atrocious acts and get away with it. They are traitors who are given more frequent murder missions on top of missions to drain blood from crewmembers. You are aware that vampire blood-drain inflicts genetic damage on top of potentially killing the target, correct? You may as well have written: "LOL Me like antag, but me wuld like betrar if antag did not get ded so me can smash more, okay?! I are griffon."

Let's get these couple points out of the way:

First, in THIS game, vampires are unholy creatures. Undead or not, the sanctity of the church repels them, harms them, etc.

Second, vampires are not harmed by sunlight. They are harmed by STARlight, which makes more sense considering that every sun IS in fact, a star. This game takes place in SPACE... Are you aware how many stars there might possibly be in such a place?

So in short, your first point is moot, as you don't understand the concept apparently. Your second point is a personal opinion, but based on a lack of understanding regarding game balance and how to properly proceed as a vampire during a round.

now...

2.(You're not at all serious). LOL THERE ARE NO SUNS IN SPACE LOL, YOU ARE FUNNY AHAHAHAA... MAKE VAMPIRES INVINCIBLE! LOLZ

Again, fire is essentially the most broken form of damage in the game, you light on fire? You are essentially dead, you just don't know it yet.

Eitherway, sunlight starlight whatever you want to call it, it's absurd for it to affect anyone at all. Holy area and holy water disabling abilities fine, but lighting on fire from it? How is that in anyway a good thing.

If starlight is to affect them, then it should affect them when they get too close to windows to space too.

You also don't need to kill unless its your objective, you don't have to drain them dry.

It's not about making them invinvible, blessed fire extinguisher, and you are golden to take down any vampire, vampires have no instant death ability like say Wizard or Changeling. They can't come back from the dead, to even heal they need to have drained 200 units of blood.

Having vampires burn because lol, starlight, stars are suns, suns burns vampire is just, what? Is not the night when vampires usually are awake? Now the night damages them? Yeah, please nerf.

Church

Apparently it burns vampires too, the reasons for space are the same, sure disable their power, but randomly catching fire? No. whats the point.

Vampires are deemed to be unholy, cast out, cursed... Whatever they are the general lore is that they are dark creatures. Some lore has it that they cannot set foot on hallowed ground (as is the case here), cross rivers or must be invited into homes of others in order to enter. Having an area, such as the chapel, causing damage to a vampire due to lore that they cannot set foot on holy grounds is not all that absurd (if you ignore the fact they don't exist). The point, well it gives players a safe area to avoid the antag. This wont last forever seeing as the vampire can enter the chapel (when not bugged) when they unlock the power to do so. So in the short term it is a weakness that can be overcome in later stages if so desired.

Space

So apparently vampires are harmed by the supposedly sun that orbits the station, its kinda silly for several reason.

1. Its immersion breaking.

Lets see if this guy burns in space? Oh look VAMPIRE!

Yeah that is kinda stupid and game breaking, space is like half the game, and spacesuits would protect against the sun either way, because then normal people would be blinded randomly and get heaps of radiation damage.

2. It's unfun

Space walking is a huge part of the game, and when the sunlight is in a direction that can't be detected by any means other then solar panels, well yeah, no fun allowed.

Now the night damages them?

Starlight will not effect vampires while in station as the glass will have to filter harmful radiation to protect the occupants of the station. UV radiation, or sunlight, is something commonly accepted that vampires cannot stand and will burn/melt/sparkle when in contact with it. The space shuttles and the ISS have shielding to protect against UV and other types of radiation, the glass does allow for some UV to pass through, but is it so unorthodox that in a game you could assume the levels filtered by the plasma glass are enough so that a vampire will not combust whilst inside the station?

Also as for night on a planet, the ozone layer filters UV radiation. During the day when it is at its most intense, there is enough to burn a vampire. At night, it filters enough while not in direct line of site to a star so that a vampire can walk the night and kill/seduce people.

I do think that the hard suits should protect the vampire while on a space walk, from a logic point of view, but again this is a game. You are an Antag with a good selection of powers, having some nerfing points help balance the role and don't make it too easy for you.

So yeah, change this, because randomly lighting fire because your here or there is silly, it ruins a round, it kills all fun.

You know that you cannot enter the chapel or spacewalk. Those are the only two area's a vampire cannot enter, both are avoidable. They won't light on fire randomly, they will light on fire because they were exposed to UV or were on hallowed ground.

Here is another thing.

Vampires in this game are not undead.

I don't see what effect this has on any of the above or how the character operates.

This is my personal opinion on the above, I just don't see how the negatives outweigh the positives of being a vampire antag.

These two things only become an issue when you A) decide it's genius to enter the church. Why do you even need to be in the chapel at all? B) Decide to space walk... which again, is entirely unnecessary.

balls

stop falling for the b8

Again, fire is essentially the most broken form of damage in the game, you light on fire? You are essentially dead, you just don't know it yet.

Something I feel I should mention. Stop, drop and roll. In other terms; type in rest and hit resist several times. I haven't really done it cause I try to stay out of trouble, or are causing it. But if this server is bay based it should work.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use