Three new genetics features

Midaychi

The first:

Ability to load species and UI+UE onto a cloning disk, and load that as a profile off the disk into the cloner, so that you can print out mindless copies of that UI+UE and species.

Example: Take a UI+UE scan of Kiki the vox, save it to a disk, and then load the disk into the cloner and start using biomass to print out mindless clone voxes that fall over dead from oxygen poisoning and puke all over your clean floor.

The second:

Ability to click drag a living ckeyless carbon humanoid into the clone growth pod to load it up, and to "Clone" scans into it rather than growing a new body. This takes much less time and transfers the mind scan into that body, rather than taking the time to grow a new one.

You can also pre-equip it with stuff, so in the previous example you could print out a vox, then put internals on it, then load it back up and load some mind into it. Or dress up people's future bodies in horse masks.

Example: Geneticist prints out a neon pink catbeast and has them fitted with glorious nanotrasen brand cyber arms and loads them back into the pod, then the captain comes in dead from nuke-itis. Geneticist turns them into a glorious pink catbeast in a tiny fraction of the normal cloning time, and the grateful captain then robusts the nuke ops, then orders the geneticist fired out the mass driver, and the cmo to make a copy of his old body and put him back into a clone of that.

(Emagged clone pods also accept living and ckey'd but unconsious carbon humanoids, and you can resist out if you manage to wake up before your brain gets over-written.)

The third:

R&D should be able to produce boxes of advanced cloning disks, using diamond and plasma, which allow geneticists to store the entire brainscan rather than just the SE. Saving a scan in this way also saves the time it was saved.

This allows you to load select people back up into the cloning database with just the disk.

DOWNSIDE- when you're cloned from a disk in this faction, it gives you the time the disk was saved, and gives you a message that you have no memories from after that save.

Not sure what to say about the first. The second is mostly just a more overpowered and griefy version of cloning. The third, well, it's been said plenty of times before that trying to enforce CMD on Paradise is probably a bad idea, and it's not like I keep track of what time everything happens. Plus, the cloner can already hold an infinite amount of scans as far as I know, so what's the point?

printing off mindless Vox/Slime People/etc. is a no go.

These species are meant to be uncloneable and meant to be a major downside of the race; Vox and Slime people really don't have a weakeness outside of their ability to not be cloned.

I think it should be possible to create any race by modifying the DNA in Genetics, i think that is still not a thing and i would assume that is also the problem why Vox can't propperly changeling morph into other people.

Unless that has been fixed somewhere down the line, i haven't played that much lately.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use