Renomaki, the awful teacher.

So, late last night (as of writing this), I was attempting to teach a friend of mine how to play the game. It was his first time playing, and since I been playing the game for years off and on, I figured I'd take my friend (who went by the name of Demitry Exaa, if I am correct), on a tour.

It started out smoothly enough, showing him the locker room and teaching him how to get dressed, to which he decided to wear the most awkward outfit.. But I didn't complain, and we continued on, him quietly tagging along as I showed him all the rooms and offices in the station.. He was a slow typist, so he didn't get to talk much.

It was all going so nicely, even if I was having trouble explaining concepts to him without babying him.. But then I decided to show him how the fighting system worked...

So, we went to the dorms and hit the boxing ring, where we grabbed some boxing gloves and awkwardly sparred for awhile. I'm not very robust, as people might know, but I certainly was giving my buddy a hard time, him having trouble hitting me and at one moment slapping me with a pair of pants... Which was odd, but ok.

Then someone nearby got arrested, and this distracted him. But him, not being a good typist, instead of telling me to stop, just kinda quietly stopped while I continued wailing on him, to which he calmly decided to respond with by hitting me with a cane. I admit, I wasn't really paying much attention to what was going on outside the ring, but he didn't have to wack me..

Not all that impressed, I tossed my gloves off and cracked my knuckles, with the intent to give him a back eye for harming me with a cane. Of course, before I could even do that, he wacked me again "for being rude", so in response I decked him one.

What then resulted what a bloody brawl in the boxing ring, with me hitting him in the face several times while he kept beating me with a cane. At some point I gave up and fled, telling him I had enough, only for him to keep wailing on me before I was put into near crit and had to call for medical attention, suffering broken ribs, while it turned out I somehow broke his skull with my bare hands, forcing us both to be sent to medbay. We never got surgery in time before the shuttle came, so we were both dragged on in roller beds, bloody and bruised and rather peeved at each other.

Goodness me, how awkward it is when the teacher and student suddenly end up hospitalizing each other.. And for all I know, ruining my perfectly good record in the process due to a case of excessive force. The humiliation of it all... But in the end, we laughed about it later.. Well, me and my friend anyways. Not sure about admins, which there were none on at the time, although god knows they read the logs.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

[Common] Love-To-Hug asks, "Were you able to rescue the pilot Captain?"

[Common] Love-To-Hug says, "I couldnt' figure out how to deal with those carp"

[Common] Renomaki Story says, "Oh no.. About that.."

[Common] Renomaki Story says, "I couldn't leave the station, due to SoP, but I contacted command about it.."

[Common] Renomaki Story says, "However.. I didn't hear back from them.."

[Common] Renomaki Story says, "I hope they send that search and rescue unit.."

[Common] Love-To-Hug says, "That's... a bit much, Captain."

[Common] Love-To-Hug says, "I think you took the SoP a bit too far."

[Common] Renomaki Story says, "Love, I can't abandon my station to go on space adventures, you have to understand that.."

[Common] Love-To-Hug says, "But, the officer was literally right outside the door"

[Common] Renomaki Story asks, "Wait, what?"

[Common] Love-To-Hug says, "I pointed at him"

[Common] Love-To-Hug says, "He was right outside the door"

[Common] Renomaki Story says, "Excuse me a moment.. I'm going to facepalm myself to death.."

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use