Tomorrow, the bomb came.

First of all,I made the (Grammatically incorrect) title of this thread on purpose,so don't judge me please.

I think that was some hard RP right there,but you guys should decide what to think of this.I am also not telling the story of how we borged three traitors, including the clown,since it is not relevant to this tale.

It was the start of the shift,the shift that would change relations between Nanotrasen and CalTech (Made up by us for the sake of RP) forever. I was the biomechanical engineer of the NSS Cyberiad, also known as the Roboticist. The Research Director and I wanted to carry out experiments involving the use of xenomorphs and the implanting of their organs inside organisms, we wanted to use a monkey as the host. We had plans to build a xenomorph containment base at the science outpost. It would have had reinforced walls, and plasmaglass for any windows, with a mech armed with Immolator lasers patrolling around,ready to kill off the xenos should they escape. I went to the EVA storage room to grab suits for the upcoming construction project.At first,the station's AI, D.U.S.T., denied me access, but the RD authorized it over the radio. I got three full sets of suits, carried them over to Robotics for storage, and then asked the Research Director to fax Centcomm to send over a facehugger or some xenomorph organs, but the request was rejected.We thought for a while about what we should do, then the RD has a bright idea: Send some money to either CalTech (Made up) or the Weyland-Yutani Corporation (Original,I know). Our original plan was to simply mass driver the crate with the appropriate amount of money out, but we didn't know whether it would get to the desired corporation or not. Then, I came up with a new plan: Fill up a crate with money,put in a note asking for the delivery, put in a tracking beacon, mass driver the crate out of the chapel, then fax CentComm and ask them to intercept the crate and reroute it to the corp. of our choice, in this case CalTech. Of course,we weren't silly enough to dump all of our money into the crate for the corp to just snag it, we decided to only dump half of it, then pay the rest upon delivery of the alien parts. The total sum of money was agreed to be one million space credits.At first, we had doubts about whether NT would approve of such dealings,but came to the conclusion that they didn't care as long as the station stayed intact.

Thus came our next problem:How would we get this sort of money? Again,the RD bailed our team out, and suggested that one of us gamble in the bar to eventually win the jackpot. Once again,I volunteered.I gambled and gambled throughout half of the shift, then prayed to the gods to grant me my request for a million credits. Surely enough,my prayers were heard, and I eventually won the jackpot. With the money on my bank account, we began constructing the crate to send into space,built the tracking beacon,and filled out the paper with the message. Then,I spent the next eight minutes making withdrawals from my account and packing the money into the crate. Once the money was in, the beacon set, and the paper in place, us two shot the crate out of the Chapel's mass driver. The RD then faxed CentComm and asked them to intercept and route that crate,just as planned. Then,we waited, until we had the crate teleported back to us. We got prepared for some horrible facehugger to jump out of the crate and orally rape one of us, but it turns out, nothing was delivered; only the paper and tracking beacon remained,the money was gone. We both read the paper, it contained the message: "No,but thank you for the money". We were both enraged to the point of insanity, and the Research Director was PISSED. She made her next decision: To send CalTech a voice-activated bomb- Triggered by the word "Bomb"(So that when they said "They sent us a bomb", they would get blown up)-containing a mixture of three hundred units of potassium and 300 units of water (Used bluespace beakers), known as the "Hullripper". I voiced my concerns and asked that maybe we should send them Sarin instead,but the RD just said "It would cause a lot more infrastructural damage if we make a hole the size of medical". By this point,the crew transfer shuttle was well on its way to the station,ready to pick the crew up. It took a while for the Director to make the grenade assembly, and needed someone to remind her how to do it,but she did it just as the shuttle arrived. Once again,she faxed CentComm asking them to route the crate to CalTech, then we both shot the rigged crate out the mass driver. It was now thirty seconds until shuttle departure,but we made it on in the nick of time,proud of what we had done.

I briefly mentioned the events of last round over the department radio. At first I said "((Is it ok if I mention the events of last round?)) (We used that as a form of department-specific OOC). Once the RD approved it, I mentioned what we had done, and then the following CentComm message came up:

http://imgur.com/cCmp7Bi (Image is too large in terms of memory to be uploaded)

I briefly mentioned the events of last round over the department radio

And we were both proud of what we had done, but didn't dare tell anyone outside of Science for fear of execution.

Love to the admins that played along during both rounds and made this glorious sequence of RPed events happen.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use