Diona balancing and customisation

Kavrick

Right now the Diona have no customisation apart from eye colour, which you can barely see. Diona are my favorite race to play as and roleplay as, but i feel like there's not enough to them, as for customisation, hair styles would be nice in the form of leaves and such in different styles, maybe different body types for different plants, as in different colours and maybe different models. So as far from customisation that's what i'd like to see, because at the moment every diona looks exactly the same.

As for balancing there's only a single problem i have with them, they are so goddamn slow, their run is slower than a humans walk, i understand why they're slow and it makes sense, but i feel like they should at least be made a little bit faster, you cant run away from anything and getting around takes goddamn forever, and it makes a lot of jobs hell. as for speeding them up and keeping them balanced, i think it'd make sense for them to be more susceptible to fire, as in taking more fire damage and harder to put yourself out by rolling.

Also one last thing, i found a bug regarding the Diona, well i'm not sure if it's a bug but it doesn't make much sense. Diona nymphs need air, i dont get why adult ones dont and they do, and this also causes another problem, when you merg with a nymph as a adult, you cant choose to drop them, they can only de attach. so if you go into space while having them merged with you, it kills all of them. I dont mind if they completely remove merging, but i think this should be fixed

*edit 1

Also another thing that would be nice for roleplaying sakes, other races have some chat modification, and i think it'd be cool and make sense if maybe their o's and a's where extended, so it seems like they are talking slower

The speed malus is the trade off for being nigh invulnerable in the light, it's been that way since forever and is really the only suitable way to balance all the buffs they get.

Be nice for them to have leafy hair though so they don't all look identical, the ooaaaah treebeardy speak would be funny too +1

The speed malus is the trade off for being nigh invulnerable in the light, it's been that way since forever and is really the only suitable way to balance all the buffs they get.

Be nice for them to have leafy hair though so they don't all look identical, the ooaaaah treebeardy speak would be funny too +1

I dont mind them being slow, but they're kinda painfully slow at the moment, that's why i said make them slightly faster with fire weakness, they can still be slow, but not as slow as they currently are, or some sort of way to move faster

The slowness only really is an issue if you are an antag. otherwise, eh... It is a tradeoff.

If you play to win, it is indeed cripples you to be such an easy target, but in my case, it is just part of their genetic personality. They are strong, slow lumbering gentle.. Not giants.

The slowness only really is an issue if you are an antag. otherwise, eh... It is a tradeoff.

If you play to win, it is indeed cripples you to be such an easy target, but in my case, it is just part of their genetic personality. They are strong, slow lumbering gentle.. Not giants.

Depends, I mean given Diona ultimately grow to be like space station sized, depending on how old your diona char is, they could pretty easily be tall ass mofos ICly

Actually, if I remember correctly, age doesn't depend on the size, it depends on the number of nymphs in the gestalt, and the gestalt can change into any shape it desires, the only thing I would want changed is better interacting with nymphs, but that's been shot down 5 times now for still unknown reasons. I'd also like the gestalt to be able to look like a plant version of any race, but I don't really care about that to much. Anyway, the speed does need to stay, and that chat modification better be optional, because I see the Diona speak like vox, up to the player

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use