Abductors!

SomanB

So, got to experience both sides of the abductor fun. Nifty round type, to be honest, and sure to be interesting.

Couple minor nitpicks, and suggestions to change.

The "you know everything about all antags" takes a little bit of the fun out of abductors. Seems like the second someone got snatched, it was instantly "Bodysnatchers!", and suddenly things got MUCH harder for the teams.

I suggest a two-part fix, and even implementing one would fix it up a little. From an IC perspective, we could say NT 100% officially denies the existence of abductors. Someone starts screaming about being grabbed the reaction should be more "call the psych" and less "Go to red alert nao!" Of course, this can evolve during the round, depending on the abductor's actions, but it'd at least make the first few grabs a little easier.

Second part is more of an OOC rule. You do not remember being abductored, as part of the teleport back. All you know is you feel funny, you have this odd new compulsion, and something freaky went on. Maybe, via some intense RP with the psych (Yay a job for him!), you might recover some lost memories, but otherwise, nada.

Now, I'm not saying that after 10 people get snatched, an agent is seen teleporting in, 3 people gibbed, and there a dude puking slimes that the crew just goes "hummdrumm all is well". Sure, at THAT point, everyone knows.

Lore wise NT officially denies that the Deathsquad exists, no reason we can't have it be the same for the lmaos IMO.

IC restrictions though... That's something the admins are loathe to go into (with fairly good reason), it comes down to whether or not people want to actually have fun or be meta shits I guess, better option might be to put IN BIG BOLD LETTERS on the identifying antags page that they're officially a rumour and should be treated as such SoP wise (so then briggy mcbaton can still know every gland type and everyone else knows to ignore their no fun allowed ass).

I'd rather not have to go through 'but ayy lmao a r nt reel wats an abducter lol' every abductor round, it gets old very fast.

We get public/radio announcements every time the deaf squids show up and everyone knows to run and that's okay.

SoP wise though if they're just not mentioned but still countered it'd help with the air of mystery thing.

CC announcement!

Ayy lamos rn't real honest!

I just don't want it to end up being another "halp xenos in viro!" sort of thing where it's the same boring re hashed re-skinned team deathmatch every time.

They have a radio silencer thingey they can use to capture nerds into their probing lair with no radio screaming, all we need to add is some flavortext after you teleport back.

Like in cult "You forget you were a lean mean stunpaper machine" but "You feel violated but can't remember the ayylmao abduction."

My response to the mere idea that we would force people to RP the ever so fun "x antags r rumors onleh xD"

I'd rather not have to go through 'but ayy lmao a r nt reel wats an abducter lol' every abductor round, it gets old very fast.

This. Also, abductors are very new--once optimal strategies are developed, I seriously doubt the majority of players would want that, especially with the sheer amount of chaos a team can cause.

They're the perfectly equipped team for completing their objectives in a non-lethal way while causing chaos---they're a 'fun" antag that generally doesn't wind up with lots of crew dead--I don't personally believe that they need unique rules to protect them from antag knowledge.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use