Law sub-department radio channel.

Farya

My suggestion is simple - please add new radio channel for Magistrate and his IAA underlings(and probably NT rep as well) so they could coordinate their work regarding SOP and Spess Law violation investigations. Because it would just make their job a bit easier as well as safer. Because corrupt or traitorous head of staff, captain or security officer could and will be target of competent law sub-department.

Just as long as they get to keep access to security radio, I'm okay with this.

There is no reason for stripping their security channel. Its useful for their work. But it would be cool to make them unique Agent Smith style headset with Security+Law radiokey. And I cant understand why Magistrate have Bowman style headset. Magistrate is not ment for fight at all and not part of command.

i made this exact suggestion about half a year ago

http://nanotrasen.se/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=6073

To summerrize it ended with, why would we et a radio channel for the two guys that work there?

with as counter argument, service also has a radio channel so why not?

Law sub-department is not just two guys now. We have Magistrate now and as I see IAA limit is larger than just two now. NT rep would probably use that channel too.

UPD. Service channel is almost useless for now. Only botanists and Chief use the channel, but they are just connected to each other. Mime never speaks at all anyway. Clown fucks up Common channel. Bartender have no need in channel at all.

IAA however would have use from their own channel. IAA collects information on cases from departments. NT rep listens to them and use his channels and access to collect even more data. Magistrate use collected data and his power to make the things done in brig.

While I feel the idea is sound, I also think that it would be so underused that it wouldn't even be worth having. After all, both the Magistrate and NT Rep positions are Karma locked, and those are two thirds of the people you suggest having it.

While I feel the idea is sound, I also think that it would be so underused that it wouldn't even be worth having. After all, both the Magistrate and NT Rep positions are Karma locked, and those are two thirds of the people you suggest having it.

Service channel is rarely used by only chief and botanist who also dont need it at all but the channel IS in the code. Why not replacing it with the Law channel instead? At least coms equipment dedicated for Service channel would be a bit less useless now. Yes, Law sub-department is not always in full party but at least that party have a good reason to have their own channel unlike cook, botanists, bartender, and that pesky clowns and mime.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use