Starting chem machines upgradeable

Bigtimetripod

So haya

Thing that has bothered me for quite some time is, that why aren't the starting chem machines (chemist lab, Science test lab) upgradeable?

Yes, you can use a multitool on em to enable the " Mad scientist mode" and fart out generic "toxin", but why not screwdriver it open and change components in em?

If this is thing about being able to "steal" them when they are deconstructable, then there is a work-around to that.

Since it is extremly annoying to build the portable one all the time, maybe be able to change the manipulator in the ones that are static?

Maybe have em like the Slime processor, that doesnt have a board and cannot be deconstructed, but can be screwdrivered open to change parts in it.

Or is this somekind of a controversial thing i have missed all this time?

I've already made this suggestion. I can tell you exactly why this is the case. The spawned in Chem Master and Chem Dispenser are unique machines. If you build a Chem Master or Chem Dispenser with circuit boards and parts from R&D, it's a totally different machine than the versions that spawn in. The buildable/upgradable ones start out worse than the existing ones, but end up better once they have bluespace parts. AFAIK, the spawned ones don't have any parts and just exist as they do, but it would be really nice to have it be like the slime processor.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use