Remove the drink Neurotoxin

SkyPing

Sooo, there's this cool bar drink called Neurotoxin that paralyzes people. Mix Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster from the bar with Ether (Which is easily accessible to all medbay staff even without chemistry access since it's in the nanomed dispensers) and you get a drink that leaves a person paralyzed and unable to move at all until the drink gets out of your system. If you put it in a syringe, and then get a syringe gun, or even if you just decide to use hypospray, this drink can be used to insta stun anyone. Add perfluoro to the mix if you're feeling extra devious, and they won't be able to talk either.

It

-Is way more effective than most poisons/stunning chemicals that you can create in a chemistry lab.

-Can be mixed without even entering chemistry, as Neurotoxin is available from the bar and Nanomeds (Which are accessible to all medbay staff) contain ether.

-Syringe guns AND syringes are also accessible to all medbay staff.

-Is completely capable of stunning and converting an entire department into a cult (Which I've done twice.)

Oh, did I forget to mention that it was A FUCKING BAR DRINK?! NOT A POISON, NOT A DRUG. ON THE FOOD AND DRINKS SECTION OF THE WIKI, NOT THE CHEMISTRY SECTION.

Neurotoxin was clearly not designed to be used in this way when it was first created. It messes with the balance of the game and makes a lot of goonchem poisons completely obsolete. [spoiler2]It's also fun as hell to abuse.[/spoiler2]

I don't think this is as a big of an issue as you believe. Beepsky Smash (another bar drink) actually causes a stun, while Neuro-toxin (the drink) only causes a weaken effect, dizziness, and eventually even toxins damage if you have it in you long enough.

I also believe that neuro-toxin was in fact meant to be used to subdue people (perhaps not via syringe gun specifically) for whatever reason you might have to do so as a bartender. The chem poisons are more focused on dealing the damages to the person, neuro-toxin (drink) is focused on giving you the chance to deal the damage yourself.

Besides, unless you get your hands on the syringe gun and a supply of syringes, most people are unable to utilize this, and medical / science staff can just as easily utilize different means to cause the stuns, including just using ether directly or taking advantage of the cryo-tube sleeping.

Oh... there was actually opposition, crap, I didn't expect that.

Right, I agree that it would be nice for the bartender to have some sort of stun, but I don't think that the answer is Neurotoxin. I'll stand by my argument for the following reason.

The chem poisons are more focused on dealing the damages to the person, neuro-toxin (drink) is focused on giving you the chance to deal the damage yourself.

While I see where the principle is going, I will always see Neurotoxin as useful if you were intending to deal the damage through poison or by hand, because in both situations the victim is rendered helpless and unable to react.

Besides, unless you get your hands on the syringe gun and a supply of syringes, most people are unable to utilize this,

Absolutely, but syringe gun/syringe supply access is surprisingly high. The entirety of medbay can access the two syringe guns in the primary storage room (13 people) AND access ether, so they don't even need access to the chem lab. In addition to this, science can print out rapid syringe guns and have access to syringes in science (7 or 8 people?). So thats 20ish jobs that can access them out of a total 50ish possible traitor job slots by DEFAULT. Add 6 for engineers that decide to hack a nanovend plus in a section of medbay that no one ever visits (Why the heck is there one in the viro hallway anyways?) and that's more than half.

(Edit: Yeah, I'm stretching it with that engineer thingy, but you get the idea)

and medical / science staff can just as easily utilize different means to cause the stuns, including just using ether directly or taking advantage of the cryo-tube sleeping.

Ether is way too slow acting to be considered viable and Cryo-Tube sleeping is situational (...Ok fine I can see it as viable enough ;.;)

Overall, I honestly think that Neurotoxins role as a bartender stun drink can easily be replaced with some ether-like equivalent.

Why the heck is there one in the viro hallway anyways?

Do NOT touch my precious virology Nanomed+. Its the best place for brig physician to stock up on needed basic meds and tools as well as source of two crew monitoring tablets for buddies in security(pilots and wardens always bugs for one)

Pretty hard to get Ether as a bartender, Sci/RnD usually forgets you exists or won't give you a chem dispenser, Chemists no longer have a reason to trade with the bartender since goofchem since 99% of chems can now be made without leaving MedChem, so your only hope is that Cargo or Botany do their jobs and don't ask questions why you need non-traditional bartending items o make your drinks.

You have to drink a lot of Neurotoxin for it to be deadly, which isn't possible unless you are knowingly drinking it straight, or the bartender standing over you force feeding you, at which case it'd just be easier to drag you into maint and beat you to death at that point.

The toxin, Neurotoxin is the same, but with a delay, confused moment and brain damage. The drinks name is Neuro-Toxin (2 different things) just keep it. Its not like clown can get his hands on it unless he really tried to break into medbay.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use