Port TG mining (again)

Yinseng

I'm pretty sure /tg/ also has some form of xenoarchaeology, too, if anyone wants to port that, as well.

Might be wrong, though.

-1 Fucking NO.

/tg/ mining went from one of the most enjoyable time sinks this game had into one of the most annoying, unrewarded facets of the game.

Ash storms. Remember radiation belts? Now imagine if they happened every 5-10 minutes. Constant burn damage, being in a hardsuit or mech doesn't protect you, even borgs get destroyed. Oh, and the notification for an incoming storm is the same color and text of an attack log. You were cutting your way through a hivelord brood swarm to kill the hivelord? Tough shit, enjoy burning to death. If the regular crew had to put up with crap on the station it'd be nerfed into the ground before testing could be completed. Mining borgs just became obsolete from the get go because they can't create shelters and can't venture more than 15-30 seconds from the airlock without risking total destruction.

You liked upgrading the ORM to make mining output yields respectable for even the greenest miners who can survive? Sorry, we added a decimal point to all the upgrades, have an extra .4 sheets per ore. Don't have one of the best 5-10 miners on shift who know what they are doing? Hope you enjoy waiting 90 minutes just to get enough silver to make a durand.

long term health of the job because there's more fun to be had.

Except it doesn't, given how merrily the map will screw you over, so many of the 'fun' to be had is bugged to all with tendrils instakilling anyone near them the moment they die, faithless mazes which are just deathtraps only for the most power gamiest players and gimmick areas that reward the equivalent of "I risked life and limb and all I got was this crumby t-shirt'

I remember a while back there was map rotation, but what if you could do it with different map files? Rotate the mining map or such? I don't think the lava planet is sounding too good but I'm never one to back out of variety

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use