"Junior" professions as assistant types.

Farya

I can pretty much echo everything Rumiluntti said to this topic.

Maybe it would be a compromise to add alternative titles like Medical Intern to Medical Doctor and Security Cadet to Security Officer and so on. So game mechanic and rule wise the Medical Intern is the same as a Medical Doctor. But people could optionally display a lack of expertise if they so desire.

The problem there is that is basically just the "Nurse" at that point. (The Nurse alt title is a regualr ol' MD, but it's ASSUMED that you're handling all the smaller scale stuff, to give MD's an Surgeons time to focus on the hardcore stuff.)

The entire point of an intern style position would be a lack of access so that nobody can join to abuse it, and no deny staff positions.

Imagine a med bay with nothing but Interns and No ACTUAL MD's or Nurses, because there's no slots left, all being filled up by interns with nobody to teach jack diddly.

An intern position would be better suited as an Alt Assistant title or as a seperate thing altogether with only very basic access.

An before people say "The HoP exists" it's *not* the HoP's call. The HoP is the guy giving you the title and access, but he ends up having to ask the CMO or whatever head, if it's kosher with them an that they're a trainee. So you have to gamble on TWO heads of staff not being anti-fun just to learn things. The only time a HoP can do it by himself (Without breaking SoP) is if there is no head of staff in question, then it's all on him an a judgement call.

A round start alternative would be preferable, especially for Security and Medical, because Sec could always use more good players and Medical could use less "YOUR BRAIN HAS AN INFECTION I WILL AMPUTATE."

Alright here is my point of view on that.

I highly doupt any alt tilte of Assistant/ Civilian will be chosen to be actually useful. I mean that's why you play Civilian, to have no responsiblities and dick around. This change would probably only be used to aquire some access and get stuff. Can you imagine civilians running around with pepperspray, cuffs, meds, science goodies and so on, because that is basicly what you propose here. I understand that you have other intentions but currently there is very little in terms of "only a little medbay access" or "only a little bit of science access" same goes basicly for every department and all this stuff would have to be coded, we would have to craft new wiki pages and job descriptions, possible new rules and imbue all that concepts we have defined into every player.

That is a huge effort and i honestly don't think the gains are worth the effort and risk involved with pushing something like this.

I would be very happy with something along the lines of "Security Cadet" or "Junior Officer" as an alternative security title. this way, you get people that want to learn security taking a lower role, and you have none of the fuss of "Are they transfering because they're an antagonist?" because dealing with moles inside security is not fun.

• 2 weeks later...

I think its not a good idea to make any of alt.titles of any job have lower or higher access. Alt.title should be just RP thing to allow player to better show they way they like to play their job. Existing titles are working fine with that. You already can "specialize" inside your current job RP wise. New "newbie" alt.titles are supposed to to improve this even further. You could not only show what you like to do in your job more but also the level of your experience.

And honestly I also would like to see every type of scientist as stand-alone job, not alt.title because of that. They are just too different in their research to count as "one job".

Bumped with rework.

Science intern/assistant (unfortunately english lacks special term for junior science worker rank like post-soviet countries) - same as scientist but newbie. Supposed to help other scientists instead of conducting independent research.

There exists a title, it's called Graduate, you can call them Science Graduates.

There exists a title, it's called Graduate, you can call them Science Graduates.

Sounds fine for me.

Still bumping the thread, considering the recent threads about "security reworking" again. But for some reason people want only SOP reworking into harsher one and nothing more.

Judge Dredd: A rookie Judge on assessment is likely to be involved in armed combat. One in five don't survive the first day. You may be required to carry out on-the-spot executions of convicted felons.

Anderson: Yes, sir.

Judge Dredd: Incorrect sentencing is an automatic fail. Disobeying a direct order from your assessment officer is an automatic fail. Losing your primary weapon or having it taken from you is an automatic fail.

Anderson: Yes, sir.

Judge Dredd: You ready, rookie?

Anderson: I am.

Judge Dredd: Your assessment starts now.

Junior professions should be tied to the actual job, not to civilian. It would essentially be the same as joining as that job, but letting everyone also know you're new.

As HoS I pretty much transfer everyone into security as a cadet with limited access, until they earn it.

Could have things like "security cadet" "medical intern" "research aide" as alt civilian titles without any actual access.

Then they'd be able to run to the HoP's to get it with decent reason and maybe not just get told "lol nope u may be antag".

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use