Regarding Donk Co.

sdtwbaj

Don't take this as lore, this is just my personal musings.

*A click of the audio log is heard.*

July 29th, 2458

Not, uh, really sure how this thing works. I'm Anya Kusmerich, sitting in a shuttle flying out of Sol toward Tau Ceti. I work with the Sol Government Department of Investigation. They sent me out to check out Donk Corporation, the ones who make those, mm, delicious Donk Pockets.

I know, I don't see what's so wrong either, right? However, let's go through some things here. Donk Co. was founded in 2486 by eccentric businessman Charles Feuerbach, who, after having his hearing damaged, thought that a clown's horn commonly went DONK instead of HONK. The company began development toward the Donk Bar in 2487, it was supposed to be an amalgamation of all components of food. A main dish, usually something involving beef, a side dish, and a dessert, into one bar. The project was terminated by 2490, as repeated failures saw the combinations of food devolving into a mutated form of poisonous nutriment, because of the radiation used in the packaging process.

The company saw grave financial issues until 2493, when it began development of a modified version of it's food bar, called a Donk Pocket. Due to the crusty shell and need to be microwaved, copious amounts of radiation were not used in packaging, and the project was, by all means, a success. One of their now biggest customers, NanoTrasen, took an interest. Seeing the success of Donk Co. all over the galaxy, they quickly turned their imperialistic eyes toward them. Interestingly enough, in 2497, just two years after the completion of the Donk Pocket, Feuerbach disappeared. The widely believed story is that the poisonous nutriment in early projects had begun corrosive brain damage, and he had finally snapped ten years after the project began. However, a private investigator under the name of Derek Montegue dug in for us, and after his work was all said and done, it was an entirely different story.

First things first, examination of the office that Feuerbach had been using revealed several burned and warped pieces of the metal wall, carefully disguised by some thick paint. As well as this, his desk had slight remnants of blood that had been not-so-thoroughly washed away. Later identification proved this to be two Freedom Corporation employees. Mark Frasier, and Donald Aquinbury. The final anomaly was an audio log taken from the camera of the room. On-site video storage was destroyed, however the audio log was overlooked. Here's a transcript.

*Shuffling could be heard.*

"Mr. Feuerbach, the men from-" The statement is made unintelligible behind the next part.

"AI Announcement: Quality Assurance's cameras have gone out. Maintenance, please investigate."

"-and they have brought the papers for the partnership."

"Thank you, Barbara."

*The door is heard opening, followed by footsteps, then closing.*

"Ah, welcome, gentlemen, to our corporate campus."

"Thank you."

"Quite nice."

"I was told you brought the papers?"

"We have, yes."

*Shuffling through a briefcase can be heard.*

"Here they are. So, what's your intention in this partnership with Fr-

*Several bangs are heard, sounding distant from the camera, followed by panicked foodsteps.

AI Announcement: Explosions detected in Security. Four armed men have entered the perimeter. Dispatching distress call to Martian police forces.

"Wha-"

*The door is heard opening once again, followed by two shots. They sound like they're from a heavy laser weapon. A thud is heard.*

"Get up, move it."

*Shuffling is heard from the leather chair, and footsteps are heard. The door closes.

Very intriguing, no? Martian police force reports show that three people went missing that day. Feuerbach, Jacob Monet, the head of Bioscience at Donk Co., and Barbara Combs, Feuerbach's assistant. Immediately, speculation began. A corporate war? Terrorist attack? Political statement? Whatever it was, it was very effective. All of Donk Co's research servers were taken, and there were over two dozen casualties of the assault. I'll have to dig deeper once I get to Tau Ceti.

End of log.

Edited by Guest

*Click on*

July 31, 2458

I spent all day yesterday wading through many, many papers. Not much stuck out, except for one thing. A NanoTrasen financial report from the Sol Central Command station, dated November Fifteenth, 2497. About a month before Feuerbach's disappearance, NanoTrasen paid two-hundred thousand credits to a corporation by the name of Dromedary Co., a cigarette company and subsidiary of NT. The money went through and basically vanished, with no record of the company receiving it nor putting it into any sort of account.

Let's circle back to that, though. Let's take a look at the assault. December Seventeenth, 2497. At 3:38PM Mons Standard Time, a total of six assailants entered the corporate campus. Four detonated a bomb and entered through the Security wing, marking the first casualty, an automated security cyborg of ED-204 model. Then they proceeded to the office of the Chief of Security, Aaron Whitelock, and fired two rounds through the glass. One struck his desk, and another is believe to have struck him in the chest, melting his nylon jacket into his shirt, and leaving him with a massive burn. According to forensic analytics on the scene, he fell out of his chair and appeared to crawl from his office to the neighboring room, a communications center, where he was shot on the spot by two of the four assailants, who were removing the video feed servers. Shell casings on the scene show that Security attempted to respond, but were overwhelmed by the large weaponry.

It's around this time that two more assailants entered the building from the supply dock, killing two loading workers and injuring the on-site supply manager. They're unsure what happened here, but witness reports lead them to think that the men went into a service hallway, and exited close to Feuerbach's office. One of them subdued Barbara in front of the office, and one entered, firing two shots and killing the two Freedom Co. representatives. He then took Feuerbach back the way he came, and then it's unknown for sure where they went or how they got out of the secure campus.

Back to Dromedary. They also specialize in bioscience, and had established a partnership with Donk about six months earlier, to provide support in developing the ingredients of a new line of pocket. On that day, a shipping invoice recovered from supply files confirmed that a Dromedary shipment was scheduled to arrive at 3:30PM, not too long before the first four assailants entered the building. This has lead to a few theories within our department. Did the assailants hijack the supply shuttle? Did Dromedary play a part in his disappearance? I've yet to know for sure, I need to track down where that 200,000 credits went. It's disturbing that I can't get anything about it. I'll get into contact with Dromedary's HQ, on Earth's moon, see who was employed in their financial division around that time. Hopefully we'll be able to have a chat.

End of log.

Edited by Guest

*Click on*

August 1, 2458

Got myself a name. Edwin Bellesai, then Head of Finance at Dromedary. Did some research, he lives here in Tau Ceti, aboard the NCS Amos. He's retired from full employment, but apparently has made a name for himself on the station in negotiation. People hire him to get them on the better side of a trading argument. I'm fiddling with my PDA, going to see if I can get in contact with him.

*Tapping is heard, and then a ping sound.*

Ah, shit. He's busy. Welp, that was short-lived. He's a key part to this case in tracking down those funds. If I can get into contact with, or possibly even find Feuerbach, it could be a major help to the case, and that starts with finding where those credits went.

In the mean time, I did a bit of digging in some old Dromedary supply shuttle logs, and found the file of the shuttle that arrived before the assault. The cargo was apparently twelve boxes of a modified form of nutriment, weighting about 300 pounds. Which, incidentally, is about the same weight as a fully geared up and suited terrorist operative. That could explain how they entered and escaped the facility with Feuerbach. As soon as the shuttle left, it docked at a Dromedary supply station in high Mars orbit, where we lose track of Feuerbach. According to onsite cargo crews, everyone that left the shuttle seemed a bit uneasy, and they were taking with them a box that sounded like someone was scratching or moaning. The trail is lost there, camera logs show that they most likely boarded an unidentified shuttle and left promptly. Nobody quite knew anything about it, nor questioned it.

I have to start watching my back. Whoever did this is probably going to know by now that I'm doing my investigation. This is getting deep, and now I don't think I could back out. I'm going to ask Sol Central to send me something to keep in my pocket, a little plasma pistol or something.

End of log.

Edited by Guest

This is not wise, we cannot afford the backlash.

Do you think that is relevant? It is not relevant. She is getting too close.

Despite how foolish SolGov has been in the past, they will not turn a blind eye to this. It is not advisable, even if we're nowhere near their space.

I did not ask for your opinion, Young. Assemble Lambda 5, have them deal with this little nuisance.

As you wish.

*The video log opens up.*

August 6, 2458.

*Anya is sitting there. She has blue eyes, a pleasant looking face overall, even though it is obvious she is under extreme duress.

"I haven't left this room in four days. My shuttle is supposed to take me back into Sol tomorrow. There were people asking around for me. I don't recognize any of them, but they keep flashing these seemingly important IDs. It might be them. SolGov didn't send me anything, they didn't see any danger. They didn't see the fucking danger, but now there are people in unmarked combat RIGs carrying fucking pulse rifles looking for me. What the hell is this?"

"I'm losing it. I never talked to Bellesai, I haven't reported to Sol Central since I decided to stay in this room. I'm getting hungry, though...delivery is so damn expensive, I have hardly any credits left on me. I need to go get something. Just...a quick jog down the hall, grab something from the kitchen, then a run back. Can't be too difficult, right? They won't be here, I have to hope they won't be here.

End of log.

Edited by Guest

*Audio Log On*

August 11, 2458

This is...still Anya Kusmerich. I'm on Luna, laying on a bed in the central Lurar hospital. I...can't remember what happened. They said they removed some kind of machine from my head, a little implant, they called it? I don't know for sure what's going to happen, there's too much danger to reliably have me on the case.

I don't think I'll be making any more audio logs. Someone visited me, said they saw me get attacked. It was Edwin. This is...weird, man. Maybe someone else will take up the investigation, someone will talk to Edwin. Christ.

End of log.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use