Budget Traitor Items!

alexpkeaton

In a separate thread, the concept of "disposable" emags isbeing discussed. It got me thinking. First, the current emag is priced fairly low, and I think the price could be upped - especially if an alternative emag was made available. But why not expand the possibilities for budget gear?

Perhaps an entire line of "budget" traitor gear could be offered.

These gear items would be similar to other syndicate gear, but have one or more of the following attributes:

• High, or increasing, failure rate

Chance of explicitly giving away its use

Chance of exploding, overheating or otherwise backfiring, harming its user

Limited uses

But with risk comes reward, and so these cheap items will have !!BARGAIN PRICES!!

• 2TC for budget emag that has a 50% chance of disintigrating after each use

1TC for budget sleepy pen that may be empty and has a chance of informing the target it is being injected

2TC for budget syndicate minibomb that has a chance of exploding with confetti or smoke instead of an explosion

4TC for budget syndicate bomb that has a high chance of being a dud, releasing smoke instead of an explosion or having a lower yield

1TC for budget chameleon jumpsuit that has a 50% chance of shorting out into a disco display on a random silent timer after being activated

What do you think? Any ideas for other budget traitor gear?

I love the idea! You get what you pay for. This could be applied to a -lot- of things. Failure chance for a low cost. Brilliant.

I like the idea, but I think that 'x% chance to fuck you over' isn't the best implementation. Something more along the lines of chameleon suits and stamps only having half the selection picked randomly, forcing improvisation (stamp's already 1tc- just an example).

Edited by Guest

So basically, a different branch of syndicate that promises 100% same quality for only 50% of the price?

Sounds good to me :P

So basically, a different branch of syndicate that promises 100% same quality for only 50% of the price?

Sounds good to me :P

i cannot tell if theres sarcasm there, regens is always serious to me.

Probably why that PR prank worked so well and regens resorted to verbal beatdowns to calm people down.

Anyways, its not a promise of 100% quality, dont you see the gambling? you COULD have the same quality, but its unreliable and definitely not promising any 100%.

Probably why that PR prank worked so well and regens resorted to verbal beatdowns to calm people down.

What PR prank :V

I like the idea, but I think that 'x% chance to fuck you over' isn't the best implementation. Something more along the lines of chameleon suits and stamps only having half the selection picked randomly, forcing improvisation (stamp's already 1tc- just an example).

I definitely think that budget traitor items should have a chance at fucking a traitor over. It's "caveat emptor" - you are paying less and so you get what you pay for.

But I do believe that the chance should be minimal enough to encourage their use. Perhaps some humor mixed in, like buying a budget chameleon jumpsuit that just drops a random job-specific jumpsuit. A plain jumpsuit. Or a rare chance that buying the "budget chameleon jumpsuit" will drop a lizard suit. Wait for it...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use