New Genetics Disabilities

NTSAM

I'm personally a huge fan of Goon's system.

Instead of "spam button, hopef or luck, receive powers".

Each person's DNA strands are unique; not every mob will have every single power/disability.

As for activating powers, it's like a game of mastermind; you engage in a process of elimination to pint down what strands should be what, then activate them.

You don't have access to injectors until about halfway through the round--they have to be researched via the research budget---you can get more points if you actually clone people (or just bide your time).

As for power stacking? Well, every gene has positive or negative stability; disabilities have negative, powers have positive; if your stability is too high (too many powers), you'll start taking tox+brute+burn damage; the higher it is, the more frequently (and more) damage you take; if you go over the ultimate limit, you roll for a chance to out and out gib the next life cycle.

The gist is you have to take disabilities with powers to balance it out---though some are neutral (speech modifiers, for instance).

it's...interesting.

i never figured out the goonstation genetics system before i left for paradise, but the memories of the geneticist bugging the AI or HoP to transfer the monies into their budget is fun.

i also recall the HoP draining the QM budget many times to buy drugs in the diner...or buying some other thing.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use