Hackable R&D consoles

isaac

Ah yes our beloved R&D consoles with their ID access locking mechanism. Completely impenetrable by any non scientists (not even EMAGs work on the believe me i tried) and cant be used by anyone who isnt a filthy scientist or begged the HoP for r&d access one the 1 out of 100 chance they gave it to them. In other words that damn ID lock is a nightmare for anyone outside of sci. Want to get creative as Sling thrall, traitor, bookclub member and build a ghetto protholathe in maint you and somehow get the parts you still cant use the console. .Instead of having it be unbreakable i propose that if you take the R&D console board and allow you to multitool it just like you can multitool the supply console in order to remove the access restrictions (not remove weapon lockboxes just keep remove access restriction on the r&d console) This would be a way for every antag to use r&d consoles and make their own ghetto laboratories. Hacking a r&d console should count as sabatouge under space law since dangerous stuff can be made via protholathe and requiring all hacked r&d console be removed immediately. This would also allow for science to not be as OP in nations since atmosia could make their own equipment.

By default I say an R&D console board shouldn't be locked but the one in the machine should. That way those who can get into the storage can use it, but that will most likely end up being engineering at any rate. Huh...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use